Votes: 0 0.0%
  • drone nerds

• DJI

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this and I'm trying to find the best p4p bundle/ package to start out with. I'm going to be doing this for commercial use so I think I need at least 3 batteries. The high capacity ones would be preferred I'm guessing. It seems the bundles/ packages would be the best deal to start off. Buying everything separately would seem to be a lot more. Looking at some of the bundles/ packages there seems to be stuff that is just silly and not really necessary for a good starter kit. Oh, I def want to have the DJI insurance since I'm new to flying drones!
I'm a professional photographer by trade and make my living at it. So I know a fair amount cameras just not much about drones. I know the p4p is the best option just under the i2 for a starter drone. I'd love to have an i2 but the start up cost is too high and I don't want to crash an i2.
Any resources or info would be greatly appreciated.

My vote goes to Florida Drone supply.
Not saying that others on that list aren't good.
But I have first hand experience with FDS.
I ordered an Inspire 2 plus extra batteries and camera. $5K all together. When the Inspire came, it was defective. It acted all weird and wouldn't start up completely. Anyway, after trying all the stuff I could, I called them. Michael gave me no hassles whatever. He immediately sent me a second one! The return label for the first one came the same day the second one was delivered. He never told me to call Tech support or to send it to DJI. He replaced it immediately. That is good old fashioned business.
Once I bought a Phantom 4 on eBay. It arrived damaged. The box didn't have a single nick on it. The remote was broken and obviously was that way when it went into the box. Seller, who claimed to be an Official DJI dealer, told me to call DJI. I did. They told me to return it to the 3rd party seller I bought it from. That they would not honor warranty because I did not buy it from an official dealer. I ended up returning it for refund, but had to open a case with Paypal before this clown would take it back. Tied up my money for 2 weeks.
Watch who you buy from! Those waters out there are infested with sharks!!!
:eek:

Just found this deal seem's pretty good. Also thinking about holding out for the P5 release if there is one in the next month ish.
$1,969.00
  • Kit Includes: 1 DJI Phantom 4 PRO Quadcopter Drone, 1 Handheld Transmitter (Radio Controller), 1 Mobile Device Holder, 1 Smart Battery Charger, 1 BATTERY CHARGING HUB, 1 RANGE EXTENDER, 3 HIGH CAPACITY 5870 mAh BATTERIES , 2 64 GB EXTREME SD CARDS, UNIVERSAL SD CARD READER, KOOZAM CARRY STRAP SYSTEM, KOOZAM CLEANING CLOTH, KOOZAM PROPELLER GUARDS, REMOTE HARNESS, KOOZAM HARDCASE
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 PRO Quadcopter Drone with 1-inch 20MP 4K Camera KIT + 3 Total DJI Batteries + 2 64GB Micro SDXC Cards + Reader + Snap on Prop Guards + Range Extender + Charging Hub + Hardcase: Camera & Photo

Not a bad deal. At least on Amazon, you can return it if anything is wrong. I returned an item once on Amazon and refund was issued as soon as return shipping label was printed.

Reactions: garysinise
Been reading more about dji new software updates. I've know their customer service wasn't very good for a while now. Just thought with the new tech on the p4p things were getting better.
So I'm now thinking I should consider another brand. Any thoughts on what would compare best with the p4p.
This is madding!

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

What kind of commercial work are you going to be doing?

As for the best retailer, go with a seller that is an authorized DJI dealer and also has a good return policy (in case something does not go as planned during the delivery/unboxing). Amazon is a great place to buy since there are many authorized DJI dealers there and Amazon fulfills many of the orders.

I'll be doing arial photography, some video/photo montage work & some construction/ agricultural surveys.
So that Amazon seller seems to have the best bundle. Just 50/50 on DJI now.

Amazon seller seems to have the best bundle
Yes, Amazon does have a lot of bundles. Just make sure you're going to use everything in the bundle. For example, some of the bundles come with a case, but it might not be the case that's best for you.

Just 50/50 on DJI now
DJI makes great drones. While it's true some people run into problems with them (much of what turns out to be pilot error), they overall have the best drones. And since they are so popular, you'll be able to easily find lots of great accessories and sources (like this forum) for tips and troubleshooting.

Thanks! I agree DJI seems to be the best system out there as of now. This forum is very active and so far been a good resource. The bundle I posed previously had a case that was just ok. I did find another bundle without a case and I found a case I do like more. This case allows you to keep your props on just saving a step and leaving more space for extra props.
This is the case and it has a 5 star rating out of 361 reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D96K6DW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A1H9C5WYP4XZPR&psc=1

This is the bundle without a case has four batteries and 3 64gb cards.
Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 PRO Quadcopter Drone with 1-inch 20MP 4K Camera KIT + 4 Total DJI Batteries + 3 64GB Micro SDXC Cards + Card Reader 3.0 + Snap on Prop Guards + Range Extender + Charging Hub: Camera & Photo

So far the nd filters I'm finding the sandmarc filters are made from glass and alumimum and seem to have less vignetting than the tiffen filters. It's hard to say without being able to test them side by side though. I'm leaning towards the sandarac. The sandmarc only way 1g and come in a pack of four 4,8,16 & pol filter with the tiffen is a pack of three 8,16 & pol.

$69.00 before 10% discount comes with 4nd,8nd,16nd & pol
Aerial Filters - Phantom 4 Pro / Adv

10% discount on the sandmarc manufactures site.
USE CODE: sandmarcfhagan

There is a three pack with sandmarc too but for the price the four pack is a better deal and while a 16 might not be as needed it's always good to have one in your bag.
Aerial Filters - DJI Phantom 4 & 3 Pro / Adv

$79.00 comes with 8nd,16nd & pol
Tiffen ND Filter Starter Kit for DJI Phantom 4 PHANTOM4PROKIT

Sandmarc also had these graduated filters! Again not always needed but nice for photography on super sunny days.
Graduated Filters - DJI Phantom 4 & 3 Pro / Adv

Last edited:
Been reading more about dji new software updates. I've know their customer service wasn't very good for a while now. Just thought with the new tech on the p4p things were getting better.
So I'm now thinking I should consider another brand. Any thoughts on what would compare best with the p4p.
This is madding!
There is an old dictum "bad news travels fast". It applies here and everywhere else in the known universe. The majority are probably happy, or reasonably so, with DJI's hardware/software. The ones that have had problems scream the loudest, and thats the conclusion that a casual observer might come away with. I've used my own experience and found it to be a relatively good one.

If you can't get the deal you like online, there's always Craigslist.

And you can get pretty good deals if you find the person who is negotiable or selling cheap.

DJI makes the best drones. Period.
"Bad news sells papers"
For every complaint there are probably 50 successes that nobody hears about.
I am on my 8th DJI drone and have had no major problems with any of them.
(One dysfunctional I2 which was replaced thanks to FDS.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20