newbie here got a daft question

Reaction score
Hi only just joined but my question is this last week I got a upair one which is going back so I'm looking to get a phantom 3 instead as I don't want to waste my money
but I've been reading into the phantom and seams a whole lot better but my main concern is what causes these drones to crash? is it human error is just faults?
I just need some reassurance on what I'm going to spend a lot of money on thanks

is it human error is just faults?
The majority of crashes are caused by some kind of pilot error (or could have been avoided had the pilot acted accordingly). You'll be better informed if you do things like read the Phantom manual, understand common pilot mistakes (like these), and are aware of tips to avoid a typical crash (like these).

I own a P3S and find it very easy to fly. If you take the time to study the manual and understand how everything is supposed to work, you will be fine. Best advice I learned is to remain calm at all times and know what to do in the event of something unexpected. I have followed numerous threads here about "runaway" drones, flyaways, and crashes. Like msinger said, the majority, if not all I have followed, could be traced back to pilot error.

You can feel safe and secure with whatever model you purchase. I have found the P3S to more than what I expected and the price of admission is reasonable for someone just getting in.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I own 4 P3's and in 2 years of flying them have never had a crash, or flyaway. Near misses were my own fault.... If you decide to get one, you'll be impressed with the capability of these exellent machines.

Reactions: LarBear360
The majority of crashes are caused by some kind of pilot error (or could have been avoided had the pilot acted accordingly). You'll be better informed if you do things like read the Phantom manual, understand common pilot mistakes (like these), and are aware of tips to avoid a typical crash (like these).

Thanks that was a intresting read I guess it's down to good old common sense!!
like I said I bought the upair one I took it up to about 40 feet in my back garden,
I live on a estate where it's just bungalows but I was losing the video feed completely at times and as I'm new to this I felt really nervous with it,
I can't wait to get one of these phantoms and try again there a bit out of my price range but feel there worth the extra money from what I have read and watched cheers,
I'm hoping I can get one before bonfire night would really like to get some footage of local firework displays.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj