Newbie here, easiest way to get telemetry?

krb

Reaction score
Total newbie here. I've flown a Blade Nano QX for a while, I'm no expert. I've got a Phantom 2 (non-vision) arriving on Monday. Before deciding on the Phantom, I was looking at a more Blade-centric options and came across their Spektrum DX8 transmitter that can have the aircraft's telemetry data displayed on an LCD screen in the transmitter.

I've looked briefly at the OSD-type add-ons to the Phantom 2 but as I understand it, they superimpose data on a video feed only. This required I have a FPV transmission system. I don't really want to get into that yet. I'm looking for something that would give me at least battery voltage but I'd be really happy with some position information like bearing and distance from the home point.

What are my options for getting this kind of data without a full video TX system? I have an iOS or a Android device I could use for displaying it on the ground.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll look into that.

I was hoping for something that would read all the data from the existing DJI sensors like the mini OSD does.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4