Newbie Help

Reaction score
I have a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced, right out of the box.
Charged everything up, made an account with DJI, and when I tried to connect everything it prompted me to do a firmware update which I did. I open the DJI go app and it says that I must activate the a/c for the 1st time, and just tries and says activation failed. I tried to connect to the remote via wifi like I saw stated here on this fourum, but I never see any ssid to be able to do so. I have tried with an iPhone, an iPad and still no joy. I have searched the advice and troubleshooting assistance stated on here and have not had any successful solutions!
Any advice?
New a/c never flown yet.
Says the remote and A/c are successfully linked.
Thanks so much!

I tried to connect to the remote via wifi like I saw stated here on this forum, but I never see any ssid to be able to do so.
The P3 Advanced has no wifi.
The phone or tablet connects to the controller via a usb cable.
You connect the tablet to DJI via the tablet's wifi.

I have a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced, right out of the box.
Charged everything up, made an account with DJI, and when I tried to connect everything it prompted me to do a firmware update which I did. I open the DJI go app and it says that I must activate the a/c for the 1st time, and just tries and says activation failed. I tried to connect to the remote via wifi like I saw stated here on this fourum, but I never see any ssid to be able to do so. I have tried with an iPhone, an iPad and still no joy. I have searched the advice and troubleshooting assistance stated on here and have not had any successful solutions!
Any advice?
New a/c never flown yet.
Says the remote and A/c are successfully linked.
Thanks so much!
Welcome to the forum!

In addition to the good advice already given, if you are interested you can click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks for the quick advice! I have tried to read up as much as possible every place I could find before even asking! I have not found anything that describes my situation as to the "Must register prior to the 1st flight" and the endless loop suck in it saying "failed to activate" I thought t was something wrong with my settings or initial setup.

Welcome to the forum!

In addition to the good advice already given, if you are interested you can click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick advice! I have tried to read up as much as possible every place I could find before even asking! I have not found anything that describes my situation as to the "Must register prior to the 1st flight" and the endless loop suck in it saying "failed to activate" I thought t was something wrong with my settings or initial setup.
download the latest bin firmware file for your P3A and charge the battery all the way and put the microSD card with the firmware bin file in the root of the card and put it in the camera.
turn on and let it install the firmware, then you wont have to activate anymore ;)
make sure you wait for the DDDD beeps turn into D-DD. that's when the firmware is done upgrading.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan