Newbie help copter won't fly

Reaction score
Ok so I'm brand new this. Got a phantom 1. Read manual did calibration and everything looked good. When I boot it up outside it goes through post and i get a green flashing light about every second. If I push either sticks I get a double flashing green but at no time do any of my props ever move. What am I doing wrong?

TIA!o

Pull both sticks down simultaneously and toward the center - left stick to southeast, right stick to southwest - at the same time. That will start the motors. Release sticks. Let the motors run about a minute to be sure they are happy, then pull the left stick down to the south - pull it good and steady, not just a little bit. Go!
You could also watch Colin Guinn's video.

Pumpkin, I'm sure you mean 'push the left stick up to the north'.

CallMeAlan said:
Pumpkin, I'm sure you mean 'push the left stick up to the north'.
For take off push the stick up to the north indeed.
For shutting down you can use CSC or left stick all the way down for 3 secs. I always use the left stick for shutting down, not the CSC 2 stick method. If you perform the CSC incorrect, there is a chance of tipping your Phantom over.

Haha at first I thought you were calling him pumpkin to be condescending... I was like wth?!? Lol then I saw his name

Mea culpa gents!!!! Push that left stick UP to make it take off!! (Too much multi-tasking going on while posting these answers!)

So JohnDoeJersey, did you try it? Did it work?

Yes it did. Had a blast All weekend and even had to get it down from 40' in a tree. Glad there were no pictures taken of that! Lol. Thank you all!!I don't know how I missed that. I'm sure I will be back with more newbie questions!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20