Newbie Hardware Question

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I just got a Phantom and I've done all of the steps that I'm supposed to to make it fly.

Charged batteries, calibrated (all light sequences confirmed), lights flashing green in GPS mode (good satellite coverage), light flashing yellow when I switch from GPS mode, installed firmware update, validated that the transmitter is talking to the copter with software client, used software client to test motors which are working.

However, it won't fly.

One thing I notice is that the controller (left side/ throttle) doesn't stick like I think it should/ per videos.

So, it would make sense in my estimation that the throttle isn't working since it always returns to place AND it doesn't fly which requires "giving it gas"

Can anyone confirm this hypothesis and give me a recommendation. It is brand new and I got it from BH photo/ video.

Thanks!

Ken

to start the engines you need to pull both sticks down then move them to the bottom corners closest to the midline of the transmitter, this should engage engines then throttle up slightly until it takes off. I am assuming that you have not done this. Hope this helps you get airborne.

The handles do always return to the middle.

I just tried the suggestion of pulling them both down and that is seeming to work!

I'll fly later and confirm.

Thanks so much for your help.

Also, let me know if you think that the throttle should return to center.

AWESOME!

Yes, on newer Phantoms both sticks return to neutral. If you let go of the sticks completely the Phantom should just hover in place (in GPS mode). I'm guessing that your Phantom has two black propeller nuts? Those are reverse threaded. The newer Phantoms have those as well as the modified controller you have.

It worked! Thanks so much for your help.

WOW this is going to be ADDICTING! It's not as easy as it looks. I already wrecked it too :D Glad I got the propeller guards!

Hehe, welcome to the club. It's a slippery slope and quickly gets more expensive than a coke habit.
Within weeks of getting the Phanom I'd already started planning the F550. Now that's up and flying I'm planning my next.

Yeah, it's addicting. I was just going to get the Phantom and a cheap camera. Now it's the Phantom, an FPV set, GoPro, and I have a shopping list for what else I want, an OSD, carbon fiber props, a DVR...

The Don said:
Yeah, it's addicting. I was just going to get the Phantom and a cheap camera. Now it's the Phantom, an FPV set, GoPro, and I have a shopping list for what else I want, an OSD, carbon fiber props, a DVR...
+1
Dear Santa........................
:lol:

kendocopter said:
The handles do always return to the middle.

I just tried the suggestion of pulling them both down and that is seeming to work!

I'll fly later and confirm.

Thanks so much for your help.

Also, let me know if you think that the throttle should return to center.

AWESOME!

Glad to help, good to hear your in the air! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav