Newbie H3-3D 2-axis control?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been enjoying my P2 with the H3-2D, AVL-58 and stock tx.
I just installed the H3-3D and bought a Futaba 14SG to go with it.

I have a few (likely naive) questions:

1. Does the stock rx on the P2 allow me to control both Tilt (move Gimbal Up and Down) and Pan? (Move the Gimbal Right and Left)
  2. If so, can anyone point me in the direction of a 14SG profile that mimics the stock TX and assigns the these two functions to the sliders on the underside of the 14SG?

I presume i don't need to install the 14SG RX to acheive this goal (presuming it can be done in the first place!)?

Thanks.

@skavan

The H3-3D does not turn left and right like you are thinking it should. When you give Yaw Commands it preemptively moves in advance, to make the turning of the quad smoother in video.

If you have p2 on with props off and give yaw command you will see the what I'm talking about.

Ianwood has done extensive work creating a profile to load into futaba radios. viewtopic.php?t=8358

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So, if i understand you correctly, the only new feature with the H3-3D is an extra axis of stability?
-- one other question -- the new P2 TX has an extra wheel -- what is that for?

-- I guess what I'm really asking is whether buying the 14sg was a mistake! Was does it let me do that the stock tx doesn't?

skavan said:
Thanks for the prompt reply.

So, if i understand you correctly, the only new feature with the H3-3D is an extra axis of stability?
-- one other question -- the new P2 TX has an extra wheel -- what is that for?

-- I guess what I'm really asking is whether buying the 14sg was a mistake! Was does it let me do that the stock tx doesn't?

It will do what stock tx does but with Ian's profile it will do it better. His profile makes yaw commands smoother, for even better panning shots.

The dial on the upgrade phantom tx is just replacing the x1 lever on the back. From reports here, when working properly it works better than back lever because it can control the speed of the tilt on the fly without having to stick with one gain set speed in software, plus the v+ guys are liking it compared with tilt command on phone.

With your futaba and Ian's profile you should be able to get better control than any dji tx.

And "Yes" on your gimbal question smoother/stabler video since it counteracts the turns and banks better.

Thank you very much for your clear response! Another mystery -- demystified! Only 42 to go...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic