Newbie from Western Australia

Reaction score
Newbie from Western Australia.
Phantom 4 ... only un-boxed it last night. Have never flown a drone before & looking forward to having some rewarding fun soon.
:)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome fellow sandgroper, be sure to read the manual until your eyes bleed, stay in beginner mode and fly in a wide open area until you get the hang of it.
YouTube and this forum is your friend.

I'm sorry to say, but give the Mrs and the kids a good long lasting look and a kiss goodbye... cos man they will never have you back again!

Droning is a drug (legal still thankfully) highly addictive to most - even after your first hit. You'll soon find your head in the clouds (literally & metaphorically) and the response / look anyone will get from you when talking face to face is you with a slightly tilted head and a far away glazed look in your eyes... cos that's exactly where you'll be ... off somewhere at altitude.

You'll start looking at the world from a different angle. You're wife and kids will start rolling their eyes at all the talk of drones, all the footage you've taken that you make them watch.

Like any other addictive drug... you'll pick up a nervous tic. upsetting your wife and kids by exclaiming "drone shot!" frequently when watching tellie whenever an ad or a show comes on that you now pick up has been filmed by a drone.

... and don't even mention the finger-twitches you'll start having when work or the weather prevents you from getting up 'n out there.

Man.. It's a hard drone-life.

... I'll save a seat for ya at the next DA Meeting (Drones Anonymous).

Luckily I have all my Faculties & Priorities in the right order. Its just a hobby & a whole bunch of fun.I am 60 yrs old & know where to draw the line. Family first, everything else is secondary.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl