Newbie from Perth, Scotland

Reaction score
Hi, Bought my first DJI last night, In fact its the first drone i have ever seen and touched, Older secondhand P1 to start with. All going well I want to buy P3/4 to take on September holiday if I get to grips with controls on this one first. My thoughts are if i smash it up in the process I wont lose as much as destroying a new one. Not tried flying it yet as petrified for some reason, Not even turned it on yet. Not knowing anyone that flies does not help, And being near retirement age technology can be a bit daunting . Will let you all know how I get on when I pluck up enough courage to take out and fly it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Which site sells experience?

Hi, Bought my first DJI last night, In fact its the first drone i have ever seen and touched, Older secondhand P1 to start with. All going well I want to buy P3/4 to take on September holiday if I get to grips with controls on this one first. My thoughts are if i smash it up in the process I wont lose as much as destroying a new one. Not tried flying it yet as petrified for some reason, Not even turned it on yet. Not knowing anyone that flies does not help, And being near retirement age technology can be a bit daunting . Will let you all know how I get on when I pluck up enough courage to take out and fly it.
Hi there. I dont know a great deal about the P1, but from what I've read on here, the P3 is much, much easier to set up and fly. I'm probably around your age and I've been involved in IT for decades, but trust me, don't worry about that stuff, because that has zero bearing on your ability to fly.... and my P3A sat, boxed, looking at me for three weeks before I even unboxed it, so I understand how you're feeling! Go to the P1 forum and I'm sure you'll get a huge amount of help and encouragement and I'm sure you'll be fine and will go and get a current DJI very quickly if, for nothing else, the far better quality of the video and pics.

Not putting camera on this model. Just for learning to fly. Also the reason I bought p1 is i assume the newer models will retain some off the characteristics. As opposed to the cheap toy ones I could
have bought. Thinking I Will be for familiar the the dji controls when i buy newer model. But could be totally wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4