Newbie FPV Questions

Reaction score
Hi all,

I work for a video production company, and our newest acquisition is the Phantom 2. Prior to this purchase, neither my co-workers or myself have had any experience with any type of remote controlled device. We were smart enough to assemble and fly it, but now we are trying to monitor it during flight from an iPad, and I have been put in charge to figure out how to do it. We don't really need to be able to control it from the iPad, we just need to see what we're shooting.

Currently, the only thing we have besides the P2 is the dji Ios Gs + Datalink 2.4 Ghz Bluetooth device (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FEQ ... os_product) and I have no idea if this is what we need or not. I keep seeing that I need an iOSD mini device as well.

Could anyone out there give me a walkthrough of what exactly I need to do? If you could post some links to where I can purchase the required parts as well, I would super grateful. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the subject!

well, the p2 doesn't work with the datalink yet i've been led to believe, and i'm not sure how useful it'd be for filming anyway.

you'd be better off with a fpv system - i photo and film for work and it's exactly what you need

you can see what you're filming, so no chance of not framing up whats needed - saves loads of wasted time

i run
avl58 tx on the p2
iosd mini
fpv monitor with built in rx and battery

its simple - quick to deploy and i've got a macbook pro with me to check the footage afterwards

i can send you pics of the install if you want

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl