Newbie - first purchase

Reaction score
OK Forum- Thanks in Advance for the patience and assistance.
I'm looking to purchase a Phantom (1 ? 2 ) and camera I have flown toy models and am completely hooked.
My question to you is this - What would you buy today and what should I avoid?
There's quite a few ebay bundles with the go pro 3 / how important is a gimble? does anyone know a retailer that is preferred? I'm looking to cry once , but the P2 reviews from you guys seem more like a save your money..
Is the Go Pro 3 the better choice ?

Its hard to give recommendations without knowing the application.

Are you buying it as a toy/hobby or are you looking to shoot high quality video with it?

I've got what you need for sale in the Classified section
it is complete and flies great I will even give you one year free service agreement on it.
you pay shipping and I will fix what you break.

complete setup with hard case will save you about $250 or so .

If you want to shoot the best quality video you need the phantom with the gimbal.

Kits can save you some money. Compare the prices against the parts to make sure.

Agree on the gimbal. You won't be happy with the video without a gimbal. Unless maybe you fly in a sterile environment with no wind and you are really good at finessing the controls. :)

Mike

I'd go with a P2 that comes with the Zenumse gimbal.

I bought a Phantom v1.1.1 thinking I would save money, but it really seems like a P2 that comes with the Zenmuse is far cheaper in the long run. I'm happy with my Phantom, but I'd have chosen differently if I'd realised the cost of a Zenmuse when bought separately and how difficult it is to install (for newbies such as myself).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic