Newbie Firmware Update Question...

Reaction score
I just received my P3P and unboxed, charged batteries and controller, and now I believe am ready to do my first firmware update... I think I understand the Phantom update fine; however, I'm a bit confused about the controller/battery update... Do I copy bin file to USB and then insert into controller, or do I run update from App and connect to controller? Sorry for such a basic question. And, is there something I need to update the firmware on the battery (I have 2 batteries). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

The RC updates via the GO app...not by USB. Leave the .bin file on your card to update the batteries..The first one will update when you do the update to the P3, and then switch off and change batteries, and second one will update.

Roaddogg, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: Roaddogg
I would suggest you to calibrate your P3, first, charge batteries, fly and enjoy first before going for any updates unless you are a techie and want the latest all the times.

Once you are happy with flying, take next steps of upgrading SW/ FW. You can follow msinger's link "here" to get systematic procedure.

+1 Alok, why everyone want's to update out of the box is beyond me... It works as is when shipped to you so fly it as is. Don't worry about the update needed notification, just fly it first. Then after you're comfortable with everything and have read the forum for a while, update if you want to. The best thing for a new flyer to do is enjoy it without the mess that sometimes occurs with updating. Start it up without the props, check everything on the go-app and then tell us what firmware you have running. Charge your battery and rc up full and then take off :)

Thanks Reed. I think people want to update because like me, they watch 100s of YouTube vids that say how important it is, and get you paranoid with possible problems if you don't! Thanks for the advice. I believe I'm leaning to just calibrate and fly now after reading several responses.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Reed L

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.