Newbie Firmware update Question

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have just bought a second hand Phantom Pro 3, when connected to the app on Samsung Tab it said Firmware update needed.
I logged onto the DJI site and I noticed it is version 1.11, on my Drone the software version is 1.4, the Transmitter version is V1.9, ( I did try and do an update last night)
can the software on drone be updated from 1.4 to 1.11 or do I have find all the updates and load them into drone one at a time ? reason for asking is I tried to update the drone, and when I look at the file it says software is same or earlier version 1.4

At the moment the TX is 1 red and 4 white so am guessing the update didn't take, yet when I look in the app it says Firmware latest version 1.9

thanks for any help

Reactions: Havasu Tom
Have you tried the link up procedure, even in its present configuration? Manually if you have to? Just wondering if it will fly without any more updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattJenn47
Hi Cap, many thanks for the posts and advice, I did the link again and all is fine.
What confused me was the Update was labelled 1.11, yet the update to TX was 1.9 and 1.4 to drone, I expected them both to be 1.11, but when I switch on app they say latest firmware, so it has updated.
Thanks again
Matt

Hi Oso,
Brilliant, thanks, I will look, I have flown model helicopters in the past with cameras we did shoot with a turbine helicopter as a camera ship.

I decided to move on, so I have been soaking up the youtube hints and tips video, I have tried using SVHC as an editing but found Movie maker easier especially when I tweaked it to output 4k 60FPS, which looks great on the 82" 4K tv
thanks for the help and posts, really appreciate it.

I do have a warning message that comes up frequently, it keeps saying POOR SIGNAL fly with care, I have never ever in all my years of flying had a warning message like this, admittedly I was flying in between buildings in an alley way, and I did internal shots of a building so I guess RF interference was to blame,

Reactions: JoBe
I was flying in between buildings in an alley way, and I did internal shots of a building so I guess RF interference was to blame,
In those locations, I would first suspect GPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20