Newbi with questions

Reaction score
Looking to get a drone to take away traveling (across Australia Perth to Alice Springs) via the Great Central road.
So want the very best camera that is affordable :)

Have put the DJI Phantom Pro Plus at top of the list - have I made the wrong decision ?

Thanking you
in advance
Mainey . . .

The Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced has the best available camera, so it's a great choice if that matters to you. Here's a good review that will help you decide if you should go for the P4P or P4P+ remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would have been thinking a Mavic Pro bundle would have been more practical for travelling, takes reasonable pictures/video which can always be post edited if you are concerned with quality. Failing that, from what I have read, the P4P is a better option as you can still use third party apps like Litchi if you want to send it on a mission and focus more on filming rather than flying.
This company has been recommended by one of the main contributors to this forum. They stock both the phantom and Mavic range and the feedback is apparently quite good.
Phantom | Digital World International

Looking to get a drone to take away traveling (across Australia Perth to Alice Springs) via the Great Central road.
So want the very best camera that is affordable :)

Have put the DJI Phantom Pro Plus at top of the list - have I made the wrong decision ?
That's a very good drone and the best camera in the air for under A$9K
Also consider the P4 Advanced (same camera and drone minus a couple of frills)
Both come in a + version and a regular version where you supply the tablet.
And the Mavic for a good camera, great performance and exceptional portability

Any of those will do very well.

Reactions: Mainey . . .
I don't have the 'tablet' or a suitable 'smart phone' that is why I wanted the drone with it's own screen

Well that answers your question. Phantom 4 pro or adv plus since you don't have a suitable screen. Mavic will need one. If you have the space to carry the P4P then go for it. The still camera is far superior. Enjoy your trip. I'll wave as you drive by [emoji12]

Reactions: Mainey . . .
is that the Phantom 4 pro Plus ??

How many batteries do guys usually have?
I see there is a battery charger for 3 batteries that holds then charged (half) for storage - is that the way to go or do you just use the battery charger that comes in the box???

Thanking you in advance
Paul

How many batteries do guys usually have?
You'll need one battery for about every 20 minutes you want to fly without recharging your batteries.

I see there is a battery charger for 3 batteries that holds then charged (half) for storage - is that the way to go or do you just use the battery charger that comes in the box?
The storage feature of the battery charging hub really isn't that useful since it takes many hours to discharge the batteries. It's easiest to just let them auto discharge on their own (since that feature is already built into the battery).

While the hub doesn't charge the batteries faster, I do like using it since it's more convenient. Otherwise, I'd have to watch the battery so I know when to connect the next battery.

There are some 3rd party battery chargers that are able to charge multiple batteries at the same time (this one for example). I'm never in a hurry to charge my batteries, so I always use DJI chargers.

There are better cameras out there than the P4P. As to what is affordable, that is another issue. Have you considered Inspire 1?

Yes, but I watched the following comparison video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and I understood what he is saying :)
The technical numbers show me the P4P has a better rated camera than the Inspire 1
and as the camera clarity is more important to me than drone performance, I've looked more to the P4P+

Cheers
Paul

You'll need one battery for about every 20 minutes you want to fly without recharging your batteries.

The storage feature of the battery charging hub really isn't that useful since it takes many hours to discharge the batteries. It's easiest to just let them auto discharge on their own (since that feature is already built into the battery).

While the hub doesn't charge the batteries faster, I do like using it since it's more convenient. Otherwise, I'd have to watch the battery so I know when to connect the next battery.

There are some 3rd party battery chargers that are able to charge multiple batteries at the same time (this one for example). I'm never in a hurry to charge my batteries, so I always use DJI chargers.

..........................................................................................................
When traveling I use a 12/240v inverter for power, so would use this :)

I would like to charge all (2 or 3) batteries as fast as is realistically possible,
what is the best way to get the fastest charging time, so I could fly with one battery while hopefully recharging another, or would I need 3 batteries and recharge 2 others ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.