Newbee lost

Reaction score
I am new to the drone world and am having difficulties getting the drone to operate. Is there anyone in the San Antonio area abel to give advice to how to operate Phantom 4 drone.

Reactions: Pharm
Can you describe in more detail what difficulties you’re facing?

Reactions: JoBe
Lets just start with in first problem, the light that indicates connected on the hand held controller to the quad does not glow green it blinks very rapidly between green and red. 2. The screen on my monitor says firmware update required. What www address to I go to to get updates? 3.The screen has large areas of digital blackness instead of a clear screen. 4. One of the three batteries that came with the kit acts like it is less than 10% full the gimble turns then shuts off.

Thanks

Before you fly, I would download Dji Assistant 2 software. This is works for Mac or win. I use it on both.

Plug in the P4, and let Assistant 2 check firmware of the drone and batteries. Allow it to upgrade both. You will need to insert the other batteries in the drone. you have to make sure they are also up to latest firmware.

You have to register the drone before you can get anything to work, make sure you have gone to the main djigo4 screen on your phone/tablet and follow the prompts to register. This is what sets the warranty time for you.

If you have done all of this, firmware update complete for drone/batteries, and you have all the NF data bases updated, then turn on the controller, 2 presses of power button, make sure you see the 4 lights light up to the right of the red button Then turn on the drone again to presses on the drone battery. You should get a green light on the controller in about 5 seconds max. Once you have connection, use djigo4 to check the status of firmware, drone/controller, it should load on the main screen as soon as you bring up the app.

Not sure what is going on with gimbal, but you need to make sure the batteries have a full charge.

For some reason it sounds like the issue you are describing is that the controller and drone are not paired, which on a new P4/controller should not be an issue. But you can repair the two.

Paul Caldwell

Before you fly, I would download Dji Assistant 2 software. This is works for Mac or win. I use it on both.

Plug in the P4, and let Assistant 2 check firmware of the drone and batteries. Allow it to upgrade both. You will need to insert the other batteries in the drone. you have to make sure they are also up to latest firmware.

You have to register the drone before you can get anything to work, make sure you have gone to the main djigo4 screen on your phone/tablet and follow the prompts to register. This is what sets the warranty time for you.

If you have done all of this, firmware update complete for drone/batteries, and you have all the NF data bases updated, then turn on the controller, 2 presses of power button, make sure you see the 4 lights light up to the right of the red button Then turn on the drone again to presses on the drone battery. You should get a green light on the controller in about 5 seconds max. Once you have connection, use djigo4 to check the status of firmware, drone/controller, it should load on the main screen as soon as you bring up the app.

Not sure what is going on with gimbal, but you need to make sure the batteries have a full charge.

For some reason it sounds like the issue you are describing is that the controller and drone are not paired, which on a new P4/controller should not be an issue. But you can repair the two.

Paul Caldwell

One item that I didn’t see mentioned, open the larger of the two doors where your sd card is located and make sure the your bird isn’t in Wi-Fi mode!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers