Newbe, Startup failure

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Phantom (1?); after satellites have been found I get a rapid green light burst, then slow, steady yellow flashes thereafter. If I go ahead and start the rotors and fly, it drifts to the left. All actions seem correct from the controller, but it drifts away with no movement of the controller. I don’t seem to be able to get any response from the compass calibration steps. My unit is model P330 and the S/N isPH635534843. What unit do I have and what can I do for it? I tried to do the advanced calibration, I get a warning that BTU is too high, switch off and cool down for 5-10 minutes; but I am in an air conditions room at 75°f. Please help and/or advise where to go next. I just got this unit from my co-worker before he left this position in our department. my experience is one flight under his tutelage.

The btu too high is a firmware glitch,mine always says that. do the calibration anyway. Did you see any notice about needing to calibrate the compas?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not that I noticed, but because I was trying every and any thing to clear my flight and indicator problems. Bottom line is that I don't get the green light to fly. Not sure what my problem is and haven't been able to decipher just what the problem is form a slow blinking yellow light.

I've had it sitting a week or so in the air conditioned office. This morning I brought it out to try it again, almost in desperation. BUT, it came up with all the correct light flash patterns. I calibrated the compass and took it out for a test flight, it flew just fine. I took it out to the intended photo site and in the heat of the day 85F, it would give me nothing but the same old flashing yellow. Therefore, the problem is temperature related. what now?

Hey guys,

I am new to this (what is quickly becoming a very addicting new hobby!!) phantom world!
i purchased a used Phantom 1 as noted on the owners manual. it was working like a dream! i decided to plug it to my mac as I noted everyone was talking about doing updates and such i decided to join in.... but now, for some reason ever since the update i can not get the motors to turn on --- the NAZA assistant gives me a few error codes such as "Err-29" and a few others.

Please let me know if i need to dump this unit and move on to a new one or is there anything that can be done? I also purchased a new transmitter ( Model SR6, the original in the box was DJ6) thinking the old one just died on me and that could fix the problem but i am unable to bind the quad with the new transmitter. I press the button, the red light flashes but in the matter of a 1.5 seconds it stops flashing.

Please help... any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you all!

Ron, re yellow light. Check to be sure the compass is plugged in all the way. Mine did the same thing and I fooled around for a full day and finally found that it came unplugged on the landing gear leg. Pushed it in and re calibrated and worked like a charm

Hey guys,

I am new to this (what is quickly becoming a very addicting new hobby!!) phantom world!
i purchased a used Phantom 1 as noted on the owners manual. it was working like a dream! i decided to plug it to my mac as I noted everyone was talking about doing updates and such i decided to join in.... but now, for some reason ever since the update i can not get the motors to turn on --- the NAZA assistant gives me a few error codes such as "Err-29" and a few others.

Please let me know if i need to dump this unit and move on to a new one or is there anything that can be done? I also purchased a new transmitter ( Model SR6, the original in the box was DJ6) thinking the old one just died on me and that could fix the problem but i am unable to bind the quad with the new transmitter. I press the button, the red light flashes but in the matter of a 1.5 seconds it stops flashing.

Please help... any help will be greatly appreciated!

thank you all!

Welcome to the forum.
You may not be aware of forum etiquette.
Your request for help is not related to the OP's post and his thread.

You need to start your own thread.
I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for better that way.

I have a problem with my Phantom (1?); after satellites have been found I get a rapid green light burst, then slow, steady yellow flashes thereafter. If I go ahead and start the rotors and fly, it drifts to the left. All actions seem correct from the controller, but it drifts away with no movement of the controller. I don’t seem to be able to get any response from the compass calibration steps. My unit is model P330 and the S/N isPH635534843. What unit do I have and what can I do for it? I tried to do the advanced calibration, I get a warning that BTU is too high, switch off and cool down for 5-10 minutes; but I am in an air conditions room at 75°f. Please help and/or advise where to go next. I just got this unit from my co-worker before he left this position in our department. my experience is one flight under his tutelage.

Ron,

It sounds as though you're having a compass issue.

Just for reference....
A series of green flashes will occur if you move the Phantom after it is powered up but before the motors start.
Another time the green light will flash if when "forward direction" or "Home Point" has been successfully recorded.

The Yellow Flashes can indicate ATTI mode, transmitter signal is lost.or that IMU calibration is needed. Place your Phantom directly over an AC floor vent (if possible) for long enogh to really chill down the Phantom good. Once it's nice and cold, Immediately do a Full (Advanced) IMU calibration away from all magnetic sources.

If that fails, try unplugging the compass connector and replug it. Sometimes it's simply a bad connection. If that doesn't do the trick, I would open he Phantom and unplug the GPS connector from the Naza and plug it back in. Again, sometimes it's as simple as a bad connection.

Finally, if ll that fails, it is defintely "possible" to have a bad compass. Check the MOD values and if you cannot get them within range, replace the compass. They are not that expensive

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic