Newbe-problem with gimbal calibration

K

Khudson7

Sorry, new at this and having this problem.

The gopro camera will not go up or down(pitch), does not respond to the slider knob on back of RC. I went into the software and tried to calibrate the x1 in P2 assistant software. When I first click start on the x1 calibration, the sliding bar in software at x1 is at far left and camera is facing forward. Then I slide the back switch on the remote, back and forth and the slider in the software jumps to far right and just moves back and forth on far right a couple of degrees, and the camera goes to down position and stays there. I can get the camera to face forward again, but clicking the start button to re-calculate and the camera returns to facing front again and slider bar in software begins again with bar on left side of slider. But as soon as I touch and/or move the back switch on remote, the slider bar in software jumps to far right and camera goes down.

I am not able to get this to calibrate properly, and the switch on the back does not work(does nothing for the camera). Camera stays facing forward.

I did upgrade to V 2 of the phantom 2.

I have the phantom 2 with gimbal.

Appreciate any help here, the instructions leave a lot to be desired....

Thanks,
Ken

1) Turn on and connect CONTROLLER (not phantom) to pc, start the RC Assistant program (not the phantom 2 assistant program), calibrate sticks and x1 in there.
2) Shut down the rc assistant software and turn off and remove the controller.
3) Turn on controller again, connect PHANTOM to pc and power it on. start PHANTOM 2 ASSISTANT program and calibrate sticks and x1 again in there. Should work now. This is common problem and the order you do this is vital.

Is all the firmware up to date including the gimbal fw?
If still no joy then open-up the controller and try turning the x1 pot with a screwdriver, if that works then its the crappy switch on the back failing to make a good connection to that pot. There is a post somewhere that shows the pot can get pushed down, gently prizing it up should fix it.

MrC said:
1) Turn on and connect CONTROLLER (not phantom) to pc, start the RC Assistant program (not the phantom 2 assistant program), calibrate sticks and x1 in there.
3) Turn on controller again, connect PHANTOM to pc and power it on. start PHANTOM 2 ASSISTANT program and calibrate sticks and x1 again in there. Should work now. This is common problem and the order you do this is vital.

If still no joy then open-up the controller and try turning the x1 pot with a screwdriver, if that works then its the crappy switch on the back failing to make a good connection to that pot. There is a post somewhere that shows the pot can get pushed down, gently prizing it up should fix it.

I did that and that's what i got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyHDul6SviI

Mr. C,
You are a genius...after doing the calibration in EXACT order as you described, it worked. **** the instructions are terrible...thank god for people like you. I was afraid my phantom was broken.

Thanks so much.

Carlos961
Yes, the video is exactly what was happening to me. But at least for me, doing configuration EXACTly in the order that Mr. C described, fixed it for me.
All the best,
Ken

i tried the steps again and it worked, thank you sooo much MR. C, i updated the description of my video with the solution too so everyone that has the same problem cam see it :)

MrC said:

I'm having problems with the gimbal also and have attempted fixing using these steps. In this 1st step, I can calibrate the sticks, but the RC Assistant says to calibrate the X1 in the P2 Assistant program. Am I missing something? How do you calibrate the X1 in the RC Assistant program? I believe I have all the latest updates installed. Thank you for any help and thanks for all the great posts!

waterfallrich said:
MrC said:

I'm having problems with the gimbal also and have attempted fixing using these steps. In this 1st step, I can calibrate the sticks, but the RC Assistant says to calibrate the X1 in the P2 Assistant program. Am I missing something? How do you calibrate the X1 in the RC Assistant program? I believe I have all the latest updates installed. Thank you for any help and thanks for all the great posts!

you should do the calibration in the RC Assistant program the same way you do it in the phantom 2 assistant program, click calibrate and do whatever the software tells you to do with the sticks, and before clicking finish move the X1 switch several times then click finish. note that i will not work before doing step 3, and you might have to do step 1 and 2 to make it work perfectly, at least that's what i had to do check the description of this video for details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyHDul6SviI

Carlos961 said:
...and before clicking finish move the X1 switch several times then click finish...

Thank you!!! I was clicking 'finish' after the sticks thinking that calibrating the X1 was another step in the same software. That fixed the camera tilt problem. I have another gimbal problem, but will do a separate post. Thanks again!

Rich

I too was having this problem. Calibrated per MrC's advice and everything works fine now (except I have not been able to fly yet in v3.0). Sure is nice to have this forum with so many experts participating. If I had to rely only on DJI, I'd be grounded. Thanks to all!!!

MrC said:

Thank you for this type of wording. It helps us means a lot. I am not a RC guy or a engineer I bought the Dji to fly out of the box and have no previous experience with RC and or computers really. Set by step instruction careful not to leave anything out with laymen terms and un-abbreviated terminology helps out immensely with not room to misinterpret. Sometimes the computer guys and engineer types forget this when resounding to us newbs out there. Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl