Newb Rebuild

Reaction score
This is probably a common query, but I'm less interested in asking HOW to accomplish a task, rather I'd like to know from experienced user IF I should even try this:

Basically, I crashed my Vision+ two weeks into using it and destroyed the camera. Quad still flys great though. Now, I figured I'd just replace the DJI camera/gimball, reassemble, and get back at it, but what if I wanted to rebuild based around a GoPro and a gimbal for a GoPro?

Considering I have a Vision+ what's your experience with making this work? Should I bother? I like the functionality of the DJI cam and mobile device app; all that integration is pretty sweet. It's just that the image quality of the DJI camera is not good enough...so I'm left pondering the upgrade but not knowing if it's even a worthwhile thing to consider. Understanding my options seems like the best place to start. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and here's the (very very very) rough cut of the video I made with my first flights:

http://www.path88files.com/GORDI/

Weirdly, I didn't crash it during this shoot. So many things I could have banged into there, but it was when I was just messing around with it at home that I lost my depth perception on the thing and elevated it right into a fir tree branch! Dang.

fuzzynormal said:
This is probably a common query ....
Basically, I crashed my Vision+ .... what if I wanted to rebuild based around a GoPro and a gimbal for a GoPro?
Yes ... it's a common question. A lot have asked about it and a little looking through the 2+ sub forum will find threads discussing the details.
The short answer is that it won't work but someone may suggest this ...
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/
It's not released yet, will cost more than a new gimbal and camera and have less functionality.

Meta4 said:
a little looking through the 2+ sub forum will find threads discussing the details.
The short answer is that it won't work

Thanks for the quick tip. You may have just saved me a lot of time chasing a dead end. I'll just roll with DJI's integrated system/camera/gimbal for a year or so and see where things are at when the time comes to upgrade.

I can adapt to the limitations of DJI's camera quality for now.

Nice views from your video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4