Newb needs advice

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am looking to purchase a phantom 3. Undecided between a advanced or pro. In my research I can't help but be concerned with all the threads about lag and reboots. I have lived a apple free life.. and have always been a android fan! Ever since my first HTC g1 ;) I currently have a s5 and a older galaxy tab. Am I over thinking this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Milehigh970
Check other threads regarding this question.

In a nut shell IOS has been known to work best. Heat issues have been reported. Android users have experienced app crashes and signal disruption during use. Not sure if the recent update fixed that. I own a p3p with an iPad Air 2 and love it.
good luck.

I had the very first HTC G1 too! I loved that phone! Android has come a long way.

What Android device do you own that you're thinking about using it with?
And what is going through your mind in the toss-up between P3A and P3P?

I use a Galaxy tab A. Since the update I have no lag, never had an app crash and I can fly both batteries with no heat issues. Galaxy seems to be brighter than Apple screens.

No you're not over thinking things. And I can also tell you that you're picking a good time to come into this hobby, with this product. Good things are here now, and extra additional things are just around the corner. About the time you get one bought, setup, and flown a few times the additional goods will be on tap.

In speaking, DJI really impressed me this year after I took delivery of my P3P and took flight with it a few times. Then all hell became to come back in the scene with software issues for a large number of us. And after a couple of very long months of waiting, the Sun, Rainbow, and pots of Gold were springing up all over the place once again. There is a small group that is still experiencing some issues. But I can say those will soon be a thing of the past, I'm hoping anyhow.

Get yourself a P3P or P3A and extra Battery, and become one of the family here. :)

I had the very first HTC G1 too! I loved that phone! Android has come a long way.

What Android device do you own that you're thinking about using it with?
And what is going through your mind in the toss-up between P3A and P3P?

Me too!! Loved my g1!!

I have a s5, but think a larger screen would be nice. But after the initial investment I may have to put off a purchase of a dedicated tablet. I guess it all comes down to price on the toss up. I don't own a 4k tv but also thinking be better to have the capability then not. But the other side of me says the price difference could mean a spare battery.. then I think about the difference in chargers and ahhhh lol

Reactions: AlmostTan
Me too!! Loved my g1!!

I have a s5, but think a larger screen would be nice. But after the initial investment I may have to put off a purchase of a dedicated tablet. I guess it all comes down to price on the toss up. I don't own a 4k tv but also thinking be better to have the capability then not. But the other side of me says the price difference could mean a spare battery.. then I think about the difference in chargers and ahhhh lol

4k compressed down to 1080p will give you a better 1080p picture than the advanced can give you. You'll also have the ability to zoom and crop if the landing gear or props ever get in the picture. Plus the charger, as you mentioned. There are a lot of pros. The real question/deciding factor is if you have a computer that is beastly enough to handle the 4k files because if you don't have the cream of the crop computer, it will stutter and editing will be a hot mess.

I don't have a beastly computer, and I went with the advanced model. The picture is still amazing, most people watch in 1080 anyways, I'll probably have to own the P4 or P5 by the time 4k is a standard, and I used the extra $$ to buy more batteries, ND filters, and a backpack (a must IMHO!).

As for your device, S5....not sure. I run a Nexus 6 (and wish I had a bigger screen) but judging by the forums Samsung devices seem to be struggling the most with the GO updates. It's a hit or miss, you should just buy the bird and try. Plus if you get the advanced you'll have more cash for a tablet should you find yourself in need of one :)

Definitely don't have a beastly computer!! I still have a older desktop that I honostly couldn't even tell you the last time I turned on lol I think this post alone was what I needed to push me more towards a advanced.

Reactions: AlmostTan
Go with the P3P, you will not regret it. And get yourself (flame suit on guys...) an iOS, I have the air 2 cell and I haven't looked back................

Definitely don't have a beastly computer!! I still have a older desktop that I honostly couldn't even tell you the last time I turned on lol I think this post alone was what I needed to push me more towards a advanced.

Yeah not sure what software you were planning to use but seriously, I use Premiere Pro and my computer even struggles with the 1080p/60fps...even just playing it back with Quicktime. 4k would probably slow it to a halt, those files are massive. Looking forward to your purchase!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31