newb here need advice

Reaction score
I just got a phantom one for 200 , I have a question is there maintenance needed for these things ? Also can dust easily get into the motor easily ?

The phantom in my experience requires very little maintenance except for props. A few little scuffs and you will want to swap them out.

I can't think of anything else really that needs maintenance care. I wouldn't worry about your motors collecting dust--I haven't noticed any issues with mine. It's stored openly in the garage.

Be prepared to tinker with it. I bought a Phantom 1.1.1 and have since added a gimbal and FPV.

A guy here in Austin Texas . Yeah I am currently in the process of getting some stuff for fpv

Nope but it came with extra sets of carbon fiber props and this computer chip looking thing . The owner said it's an upgrade . Also came with prop guards .

I'm guessing the "computer chip looking thing" is a flytrex board...does it have a little memory card slot on it? If that's what it is, it will record flight data so you can review it on the ground afterwards.

I will try to post a picture of this thing I have because I am curious about what it is . Also maybe guide me on how to install it . The guy said I would have to open the fuselage . That's the right term right ?

jaysan said:
I will try to post a picture of this thing I have because I am curious about what it is . Also maybe guide me on how to install it . The guy said I would have to open the fuselage . That's the right term right ?

thens its the flight data, because you have to plug into the naza...or you can drill a hole for the wire and have it on the outside.

jaysan said:
It came with instructions . It P330CB-H3-2D version V1.00

That's the upgrade board for the P1, that lets it use the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. It's a bit of a task to install, and involves soldering and juggling some of the Phantom's other internal components around.

Do you have that gimbal, or planning to get one?

If it's the H3-2D (2-axis) then you'll definitely want to install that upgrade board or have someone do it for you. If you plan to get the H3-3D you might want to wait, as you may have to get the GCU to go with it anyway (which will negate much of the benefit of the upgrade board). I've seen rumors that the H3-3D will work with the upgrade board and no GCU of its own, but no confirmation of that yet.

Is there a sticky or a how to thread on installing this ? Or should someone else install it for me ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20