Newb from GA

Reaction score
Hello all doing the newb thing and introducing myself. I just purchased a phantom 2 last night and don't have a clue yet. Been flying a parrot AR 2.0 for 2 years now just fine and decided to take a jump up to the big leagues. I got the normal version with the Gimbal included. I am work right now doing my homework and reading everything I can get my hands on before I take this thing out. Already messed up putting the gimbal on and put the plastic washers on before screwing it in to the bird, fixed it well though. I am looking forward to learning a lot and giving back. I have a bad habit of learning a hobby fast and becoming a semi-Pro and being able to relate it all back to new people, that said I know this is a huge learning curve with a lot of different facets like video, gps and the likes. I am 39 and a little more patient than most at learning so hopefully I will get the basics down quick enough and have time improve over time. So much to read right now so many accessories to research and figure out what I'll need down the road.

Thank you for providing such a great community and sharing your experience with everyone and I hope to do the same one day.

Reactions: shawnc and dirkclod
Just take your time and do read as much as you can as well as watch all the You-Tubes you can and you will do fine.
Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you both, so I have like umpteen million questions and I don't see any stickies in the forums is there a suggested reading list anywhere? I mean I can't even find the basics easily without doing a Google search. One of which is what can this do stock setup, and how many of these accessories will I need down the road as I go, specifically what does it take to set up the GPS fly mode which is one of my main goals to do with this. I did take the time to pay my 5 bucks and register with the FAA was surprised to learn that the height limit is 400 feet, glad to learn that it's only 5 bucks for all drones I own.

Top of page is the sections and look in P2 and just look around. Use the search in my signature and type in the middle and it will show you threads to what you ask. Don't find it then start a thread in P2 on just what you want and someone will answer you .
Welcome to the forum also shawnc :)
It might take you a little time to get used to the way this place works but is easy when you do.

What's up guys. I'm flying a P3P from East Cobb as well (Marietta, GA)

I didn't know we had local flyers in here, cool

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj