New Years Day

Reaction score
who flew there phantom on .
New Years Day.
post your video here.

You obviously didn't, with no video posted to prove it...!! ;-)

I know many drone Pilots were in elevated positions to catch local fireworks events. But I've only watched a couple videos so far.
There were so many police, uniformed and other, around our capital city festivities, that I kept the Phantom 3 Pro', concealed in my @dji branded backpack.

RedHotPoker

So living vicariously through others?
Being without a favourite drone this time of year is like, ouch!!
If that is indeed the case, then I certainly wholeheartedly apologize for my brashness and bravado. Even with the smilie. ;-)
Hope you get your Phantom back soon, and enjoying all that, which it has to offer.
Good luck...

RedHotPoker

video is downloading now to u tube.
Mine too. Gonna be awhile.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, eh, your YouTube video, she is presently set to private, Señor.
"What's it all about, Alfie?" Hehe

Please unlock the vault. Mr Time Keeper.

RedHotPoker

Yes, but it's your account. Hahaha
Says Please Sign In to View this Video?

RedHotPoker

No fireworks here, they dont do them unless its the 4th of July and then its limited. Course I'd consider it a bit foolish to fly my drone amongst the boom booms ;-) But then again there are others wont dont mind doing it.

First post....
Here's one of this morning's flights:

That is an impressive view. It looks like your initial altitude was 20-30 feet AGL and you held that steady throughout the flight. Did the reported altitude change as the terrain fell away? I have not had the opportunity to fly in a topographically diverse environment and am interested in knowing.

It was very overcast here on the 1st, but the video cleaned up ok in post. This was the 1st of firsts for me. The first time flying out past 500 feet. The first time flying far enough to auto-engage RTH and then trusting it. The first time to fly over water. The first time to attempt to record anything other than simply where the aircraft was headed. And the first (and last) time to attempt to upload an HD video over a DSL connection. (I will wait until I get home, in the future.)

I know the video is a little long, and very rough in spots, but I learned some stuff so next time should be better.

That is an impressive view. It looks like your initial altitude was 20-30 feet AGL and you held that steady throughout the flight. Did the reported altitude change as the terrain fell away? I have not had the opportunity to fly in a topographically diverse environment and am interested in knowing.

No, the altitude that gets reported is based upon the home location. If the craft goes below the home point, the software displays negative numbers.

I much prefer flying below my takeoff point. We have many hills around, so it's easy to find a spot with a good view.

No, the altitude that gets reported is based upon the home location. If the craft goes below the home point, the software displays negative numbers.

I much prefer flying below my takeoff point. We have many hills around, so it's easy to find a spot with a good view.

That is what I suspected would happen. Essentially, taking off from a higher location gets you additional AGL altitude capacity without hitting any firmware stops.

My sister-in-law has a place up in the hills around the Temecula Valley, above the vineyards. That is one of the places with negative altitude that I look forward to flying.

You obviously didn't, with no video posted to prove it...!! ;-)

I know many drone Pilots were in elevated positions to catch local fireworks events. But I've only watched a couple videos so far.
There were so many police, uniformed and other, around our capital city festivities, that I kept the Phantom 3 Pro', concealed in my @dji branded backpack.

RedHotPoker
try this

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20