New Vision + Wi-Fi boost up app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this new app or tried it? I dont have a link but you can find it at the app store

I have trouble believing this APP does anything but rob you of $8. I'm no IT guru but I have alot of friends that are. After looking at the so called "boost" how can we be sure it's actually communicating with the Phantom ? If we are already linked to it with the repeater how can an APP communicate to it as well..... Somebody make me a believer please!

davisTHX said:
I have trouble believing this APP does anything but rob you of $8. I'm no IT guru but I have alot of friends that are. After looking at the so called "boost" how can we be sure it's actually communicating with the Phantom ? If we are already linked to it with the repeater how can an APP communicate to it as well..... Somebody make me a believer please!

did you read the original post? clearly you aren't a reading guru either.

its called software development to develop firmware to control devices. In this case a software signal booster to control the signaling device. you are using a final product as a result of the same software development, called "DJI Phantom 2 Vision+"

in fact a lot of standard normal day to day devices are of the same nature, Smart Phones being the most common.

Guys i know this question has been asked else where in the forum but how the hell do you get the screen shot of the phone with the telemetry on it!!! thanks in advance....so i can post my results here

Ozziebattler said:
Guys i know this question has been asked else where in the forum but how the hell do you get the screen shot of the phone with the telemetry on it!!! thanks in advance....so i can post my results here
Assuming you have an iPhone, you hit the power and home button at the same time. It will take a screen shot and save it to your camera roll..

davisTHX said:
the app isn't exactly communicating with the repeater... the app is responsible for increasing the wifi gain or signal on the phantom... and yes, the wifi gain is controlled via software, just as it is on conventional routers. This is nothing new or revolutionary. Try googling "wrt54g and increasing transmit power" and you'll find all kinds of stuff on the subject matter.

srandall25 said:
Ozziebattler said:
Assuming you have an iPhone, you hit the power and home button at the same time. It will take a screen shot and save it to your camera roll..

Thanks very much.....yes iphone

davisTHX said:

dude ppl like u make so many mad due to the fact u just slate some 1 work with out even being bothered to read the thread y ? cuase its 50 pages well the rest of us seem to read it all.

how about reading the thread and seeing whats going on BEFORE u slate some 1 work

i think this app is a big jump forward and for the guys that took the time to make it well thank you is what i say

rant over

this app works clear as day.
you can see my results in that thread.

i flew out as far as i could go with the stock setup, and got to about 900m, then turned on the app, and BAM i was able to get out to 1500m, before i lost TX signal.. try getting that far on a stock setup!

Alib-did you actually fly out to the 900m and then went to the boost app while flying and went farther? Instructions for the boost app were before takeoff...it's sweet if you can do it in flight...

Alib said:

i flew out as far as i could go with the stock setup, and got to about 900m, then turned on the app, and BAM i was able to get out to 1500m, before i lost TX signal.. try getting that far on a stock setup!

It must be very clever app; by boosting WiFi signal (2.4 GHz) it will affect TX signal (5.8 GHz), too...

AnselA said:
Alib said:

It must be very clever app; by boosting WiFi signal (2.4 GHz) it will affect TX signal (5.8 GHz), too...
Ansel,
I made the same mistake, but you have to read it again. What he means it that the WiFi signal remained good all the way up until the distance that the transmitter signal was lost, as compared to the stock WiFi signal, which usually drops BEFORE the TX signals does. He didn't mean that he got more distance from the TX...

2rf90ts.jpg

This topic is already handled at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik