New Vision to be released?

Reaction score
I had a call from a customer yesterday that had contacted a DJI distributor a couple days ago. He was going to purchase a Version 3 and wanted to make sure he did not get any old stock, such as a Version 1 or 2. According to this distributor DJI contacted him and a new Vision is about to be released. He did not know if this was a complete makeover or if it would be a Version 4. Distributors dont often pass on a sale unless something is really on the way.

Anybody have any info on what to expect?

Jeremy

We know nothing, but there are hints such as significant price drops and promotions on the dji homepage suggesting that they're getting rid of existing stock. Honestly I was expecting this around the second quarter. People are saying 4k, but I have my doubts, DJI will not want to bite into their own Inspire market.

I believe it is the DJI Triumph,
Here is a screen shot:

25369146-542B-4388-9E61-BD72FFB71CAF_zpsfu9e7hms.jpg

All speculation! {:0)

J Dot

Crying wolf...yet again

I wondered if something new was in the wind when they offered 20% off earlier in the week. Then I realised the discount was only on version 2 so they're probably just trying to offload old stock.

J Dot said:
I believe it is the DJI Triumph,
All speculation! {:0)

Wasn't this leaked in october last year? I believe the consensus was that this turned out to be the inspire 1.

We heard about Phantom 3 Vision (or whatever it's called the next generation of Vision 3 or Vision++) weeks ago coming in April with a 4K video camera and a ground facing camera with ultrasonic for indoor flight, like AR.Drone and Inspire 1. Those planning for Inspire 1 because of 4K video might be worth waiting a month or so.

A little googling to see what chatter is going around only comes up with these two items.
http://dronesetc.com/blogs/news/1765224 ... -phantom-3
This one is simple conjecture - nothing definite, just guessing .. except that he seems to think DJI is announcing something in the second week of April
and this
http://www.dronezine.it/13376/phantom-3 ... che-verra/
When you run it through Google translate, it's just conjecture too and shows the MaxAero 4K camera that some have tried to suggest is evidence of a new Phantom.
So no genuine information out there that Google can find.

MaxAero say they will be releasing their X-star, a Phantom competitor in mid-April so perhaps DJI marketing will do what they can to stir them up a bit.

So its gossip, when its out its out.

I keep thinking that they will realese a new p3 this year just to keep things fresh and try and stay ahead of the competition but its all gossip for now .
A few tweeks to the sofware follow me , offline flight planning ect , better and more powerfull Gps module , retracting landing gear with a 360 deg 4k camera underneath would tempt me to buy another phantom but there are some really good quads coming out soon so time will tell !.

Phantom v4

Attachments

• Bart-Jansens-Orvillecopte-008.jpg
    Bart-Jansens-Orvillecopte-008.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 455
TuT said:
OR you could just fly the quads you already have...

You linked to a private FTP which prompts everyone to enter a username and a password every time they view this page.

There are definitely two filings, one for the 'Digital Transmission System' and one for the 'Low Power Communication Device Transmitter', just as the Inspire 1.

And instead of the default 45-day confidentiality window, they've requested confidentiality until July 31st. If I remember correctly, the confidentiality window of the Inspire 1 was set to around when it was released, so perhaps this gives some more insight into possible release timeframes.

Curiously, the publicly-available exhibits (such as FCC sticker location) all look like the Inspire controller and unit. The Inspire 1's FCCID is GL6581410, and this one is GL6581502. Sooo, maybe not a Vision, or is it common to re-use exhibits while it's under confidentiality?

Yes indeed, I also suspect its just an updated newer version tx for the inspire as the original model is GL658A and this Model in the FCC application is GL658B resulting in no "Phantom 3" as there is no other applications pending, however the price drop is consistent with a new model in the works, who knows....

I all so heard about the Triumph a long time ago and think it was the app for the inspire 1 that everyone jumped on to. Im sure simon newton on youtube found it and reviewed it months before the inspire 1 came out. There must be a new phantom coming soon tho with the price reductions we see, first it was just a mid week special promotion and now its full time. I am thinking it might just be a new vision tho as they have not really dropped the price of the p2 but i could be wrong. They should look at improving the strength of the gimbal and camera of the vision 2 before improving the quality of the camera it self. They would sell visions hand over fist if people were not put of by the endless amounts of horror storys and youtube videos of gimbals and cameras breaking with the slightest knock. If they improved that and maybe the range extender as well for longer FPV distance down to a phone it would be more to what 90% of consumers wanted. Just my thoughts tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic