NEW Version of P2V now Shipping from B&H

Reaction score
All...

This could be fluff, but I got an email from B&H today regarding the RMA for my P2V... I decided to call them and get more info concerning my replacement. Once on the phone with an actual person, I mentioned that not only did my P2V fail due to bad solder work, but my Camera was also soft/blurry on the right side. I was informed that they NO LONGER stock the P2V's that were previously shipped and that they have "received a Newer Version of the Phantom 2 Vision from DJI". I was a bit shocked to hear that so I asked more questions and other than the guy repeating himself,he did inform me that BOTH the soldering issues AND the CAMERA issues have been resolved in this version. He even said that they have a slightly different stock number for this P2V in there system than the one I received on Jan. 2nd. I hope this is accurate and I also hope that this "Version" includes the Tx with the external USB... Once I receive (probalby Wed. of next week), I will share photos of whatever is different, if any...

Re: NEW Version of P2V now Shipping from B&H

Awesome! I just shipped mine back to them too. I am waiting on my replacement. I will post pictures of anything new on my new one when I receive it as well

It will also come with a 3 axis gimbal for the Vision Camera and the new Waypoint features. :lol:

wow. so, what about the phantoms shipped out in mid-late november? wait! those have all crashed or flown away, right? :)

ok, ok, so a little humor. no, seriously, does anyone else have any word about a "general upgrade" or such on the p2v?

happydogs said:
wow. so, what about the phantoms shipped out in mid-late november? wait! those have all crashed or flown away, right? :)

ok, ok, so a little humor. no, seriously, does anyone else have any word about a "general upgrade" or such on the p2v?

After mine fell, I have been combing the net looking for others expericing the same issues and found quite a few... All related to solder joints... Then the bad camera focus/blur issues... Eventually, a bad review of the product could surface and im sure they wouldnt feel to good about that (my assumption)... Although DJI hasnt officially stepped up and took responsibility, its just possible they decided to "Fix it" since the P2V is making so much news... Not sure if they would publically accept fault, would cost them a ton...

Lets just hope this is all fact and not a bunch BS...

happydogs said:

Hmmm... If my P2V suddenly had a (koff) flyaway misadventure and got... ummm... totaled. I wonder if B&H would send me a shiny new Version II P2V?? (Here's my chance to finally fly over water and see if I can get it out to 2,000 feet... )

-slinger

arinvideo said:
My guess would be its will have the TX with the external usb port

I'm curious about that. I'd heard someone state that the external usb port on the TX would only be offered on the P2 and not the P2V.

-slinger

Having sent my first Vision back for a refund. I decided to jump back in again with the free battery offer I did have a gut feeling that maybe the offer was about clearing old stock.
Looks like that gut feeling was correct
Having said that I am happy thus far with my latest Vision.

interesting you mention that. I was at a hobby shop today that sells DJI stuff and I asked why he had no visions in stock. He said DJI delayed his shipment because they were making improvements to the vision that was causing issues and that apparently Colin was aware of the issues but pushed the launch. Apparently this has cost DJI a pretty penny in dealing with repair issues. He said its too bad because the majority of people bought visions when they first came out and are now well passed the 30 day warranty policy most stores have and since DJI has not officially admitted to the mistake, the early adopters are SOL. He did mention that the situation isn't that bad and that unless you've had a hard crash or mishandle it, you will be fine. He said the P2 took so long to come out because DJI wanted to get it right. So if you just keep from crashing, you won't have an issue. If you were a pre order customer, you may be SOL. In all honesty though, given DJIs track record, I don't think its any shock that early adopters are also the beta testers.

semaj said:
... He even said that they have a slightly different stock number for this P2V in there system than the one I received on Jan. 2nd. I hope this is accurate and I also hope that this "Version" includes the Tx with the external USB... Once I receive (probalby Wed. of next week), I will share photos of whatever is different, if any...

When you receive it, could you also post the stock number for the P2V from the packing list? My P2V arrived Tuesday from B&H (it has no external USB on the Tx) so I'm curious if it matches this "new" number.

BTW: This thing is a blast! For someone who has no RC experience (save two flights of a fixed wing in the early 90s, the latter of which resulted in a aircraft-fatal crash), I've had two days of as much flying as my work schedule and daylight hours will allow (3 flights), with pictures, video and a ton of fun. Trying to be methodical about my pilot training and not get too cocky with venturing out in areas I shouldn't (yet)... [like over the lake behind my house]. So far, no problems - including landing (might not put those prop guards on that came in the post yesterday).

Thanks!

Isn't it wild how something as simple as flying this device ignites that something in everyone? I have yet to read about ANYONE who has flown the P2V and didn't totally enjoy it...

arinvideo said:
My guess would be its will have the TX with the external usb port
My guess as well. Big deal. How many times have you ever needed to update your transmitter anyway???

BrigGary said:
kingcat200: How long did it take to get a refund on your first P2V once B&H received it?
Hi BG
Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression I was talking about the DJI offer in general and not the BH offer.
I did not purchase the PV2 from BH.
In the UK we have a wonderful law called the distance selling regulations whereupon should you purchase an item over the Internet or phone you have seven working days to return no questions asked the theory being that you have not been able to see the item for real as you would in a store.
I lost my first PV2 after four mins of flight due to the now well published battery issues I was very lucky to retrieve the PV2 at the time.
I was disgusted and angry by the lack of response from DJI having diagnosed the problem and offered a solution for a fix .
I was frustrated by my dealer who would only communicate by email and would not speak to me on the phone I suspect maybe stalling for time ie the seven days as a lot of consumers in the UK are not aware of the distance selling regulations.
So they had it returned on day six and I had my refund on day seven.
Having had an originally Phantom I really wanted this product so stayed informed via these forums and jumped in for the free battery on the so called " Christmas Offer" .
The first thing I did was to measure the pin depression on the new phantom which was 1 mm. This weekend I intend to dismantle the Vision and inspect all solder joints and whilst there will modify the mounting of the whole battery connector block and move it closer to the battery to gain 2mm depression out of the total of 4mm available.
I am very happy with my latest Vision and think that I got a free battery out of it for my troubles eventually albeit nearly eight weeks after the first purchase.
I have my eyes wide open and realise that any issues I may encounter I will have to resolve myself as you will get no help from DJI.
All said and done i had no problems with my original Phantom and thus far no problems with the second PV2 so confidence in the product is gradually being restored.
I would never buy again from a dealer who I could not contact on the telephone alas they were the very first to stock in the UK and my enthusiasm overcame common sense.
I still feel a bit hacked of by the DJI experience and should there be a viable competitor in the future would defiantly give them a go as a point of principle.
In my opinion DJI produce great products with Sh@t customer service.
In my option this is a great forum whereupon a lot of information can be gained to make informed decisions .
I wish you well with your dealings with BandH from my readings of these forums they do seem to come across as one of the better USA dealers.

NEW Version of P2V now Shipping from B&H

I just received mine from B&H last Thursday and my TX doesn't have the external USB. Any ideas on how we can tell the difference between the new and old batch? I know that model numbers were mentioned. Is there something I can look for to verify? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

semaj said:
Isn't it wild how something as simple as flying this device ignites that something in everyone? I have yet to read about ANYONE who has flown the P2V and didn't totally enjoy it...

Noting like the first flight of 1200 bucks and your heart is jumping out of your chest. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj