New version of firmware out today, 1.11.20. And 1.10 is gone.

CHANGES ?
My "new" ( replacement - it is also a "refurbished") Phantom 3 "standard" came yesterday. Acted very dead till I figured out how to get everything re-programmed with fresh firmware.

So far, I am unable to determine any difference in behavior compared to the one it replaced, that I got a month ago.

Side note - "sneaky trees...I am on to you.....stay the hell away from my Phantom..."

There are release notes for the update on the same page, but there isn't much to them.

Updated my P3P, then got a notification on the controller that there was an update for it too. Downloaded that directly from the controller. Fired both the helio and the controller up, same error: Compass error. I went out to a field and tried to recalibrate, but no go. It kept saying there was a lot of interference in the area. Same place I calibrated before and it worked fine. New compass sensor will be here tomorrow.

Just updated to the latest firmware and I still keep getting the update required message which won't allow me to fly. I think its bugged like the 1.1.8 update

Going by the release notes (which i should have read first) "reads" For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
So if i fly in an area where there is no way to connect eg no phone of wifi coverage i will be restricted? am i reading this correctly?

Going by the release notes (which i should have read first) "reads" For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
So if i fly in an area where there is no way to connect eg no phone of wifi coverage i will be restricted? am i reading this correctly?
You have to be logged in to the app, and it will stay logged in even if you're offline.

I didn't know you could use the app without being logged in to it.
When you open DJI Go, and connect your device (phone/tablet) to the Phantom remote controller's WiFi you are not connected to the internet.

What is meant is that if you fire up the Phantom using the RC, and don't have your device connected to the controller'controller's WiFi, and the Go app open, then the flight restrictions are in place.

When you open DJI Go, and connect your device (phone/tablet) to the Phantom remote controller's WiFi you are not connected to the internet.

What is meant is that if you fire up the Phantom using the RC, and don't have your device connected to the controller'controller's WiFi, and the Go app open, then the flight restrictions are in place.

Well, there is no wifi, right? Just Lightbridge. And if you aren't connected to that, how is it possible to fly the aircraft?

Its possible i did not explain my question well. due to where i live, (Australia) and where i fly - there is not internet connection possible (no phone data via hot spot or tablet data via sim card) i read the release note as being.

If you are not connected or logged into the app Eg: the app must have access to data (internet) - your flights will be restricted. - This is not the case, It simply means i believe that you must be logged into the app - but the app does not need internet connection.

I have updated the firmware on both the RC and AC and heading out for a crash later on today - if it goes bad i will update this info.

Happy flying - Safe flying

CHANGES ?
My "new" ( replacement - it is also a "refurbished") Phantom 3 "standard" came yesterday. Acted very dead till I figured out how to get everything re-programmed with fresh firmware.

So far, I am unable to determine any difference in behavior compared to the one it replaced, that I got a month ago.

Side note - "sneaky trees...I am on to you.....stay the hell away from my Phantom..."

I learned a while back to do the calibration "spin dance" WELL AWAY from trees and water. The drone will come down, theoretically, within 10 feet of the home point. If there is a tree branch 12 feet away, my drone will zero in on it.

OK guys..I need some help! Just upgraded my P3P to latest firmware and all went well. Tried to upgrade controller from app and it downloaded fine. Went to install and it does nothing but pop up the Go app and at the top it says Disconnected! Light on controller is a light blue greenish color! Can't get it to do anything!

Its possible i did not explain my question well. due to where i live, (Australia) and where i fly - there is not internet connection possible (no phone data via hot spot or tablet data via sim card) i read the release note as being.

If you are not connected or logged into the app Eg: the app must have access to data (internet) - your flights will be restricted. - This is not the case, It simply means i believe that you must be logged into the app - but the app does not need internet connection.

I have updated the firmware on both the RC and AC and heading out for a crash later on today - if it goes bad i will update this info.

Happy flying - Safe flying
I gather that all went well?
i.e. you can ues the app with out Internet?
And you had no other problems with the update?
I am just wondering whether or not to up grade the firmware, I don't have data/Internet when i am flying either.
Thanks

If I recall correctly the controller has a blue light when it is in firmware update mode. Your update might have gone screwy. Try resetting the controller and see if you get prompted to update firmware again.

Also- with the latest update you will probably have to re-link to AC.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
If I recall correctly the controller has a blue light when it is in firmware update mode. Your update might have gone screwy. Try resetting the controller and see if you get prompted to update firmware again.

Also- with the latest update you will probably have to re-link to AC.
I was able to finally get it to update. For some reason every time it started to install the update it would pop up and asked me to connect of DJI GO or one of several other apps I have on my tablet and that would cause it to freeze up and the controller to go into disconnect mode. I finally had to make DJI GO the default app to open and the update finally succeeded. Also I did have to re-link the controller to the aircraft, but all is good now...at least I hope..haven't tested it out yet!

I gather that all went well?
i.e. you can ues the app with out Internet?
And you had no other problems with the update?
I am just wondering whether or not to up grade the firmware, I don't have data/Internet when i am flying either.
Thanks
I have now flow in areas with no data/ internet and did not have an issue. However as some others are reporting. I did fly around my home town and suffered from video feed loss. Which i have never seen before so. if you have not updated (dont) at this stage.

Based on my experience today, the answer to your question is YES.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers