new v2 will not fly please help!?!

Reaction score
i just bought a phantom 2, calibrated it. green light flashes but when i go to power it up i get 3 red flashing lights. Ive spent hours troubleshooting.. please help!

winwater714 said:
i just bought a phantom 2, calibrated it. green light flashes but when i go to power it up i get 3 red flashing lights. Ive spent hours troubleshooting.. please help!

You mean when you go to start the motors you get three flashing red lights? You said you calibrated...do you mean the compass or the controller? Did you calibrate the controller from within the RC and/or Software Assistant software? Three flashing reds are either "Sensor Bias too large" or you are in a no fly zone? Are you close to an airport?

winwater714 said:
Is it still in phantom mode? Did you first run RC assistant on remote, making sure its in mode 2? Also check and make sure rc in phantom assistant have "norm" buttons and not "rev" buttons.

im close to ontario airport, but about 5 miles away. Ive got power to the motors 3 times and its flown for about 20 mins combined. But i ive tried to power it up 30 times and its been the same thing over and over... green flashing lights, then 3 red flashing lights. We drove out to the desert earlier today thinking the airport might be the cause, but had the same problems.

Best advice I can give is download the manual read it thoroughly. Google RC calibration, Phantom Assistant. Or go to YouTube and search RC assistant, calibrate Phantom RC, Phantom Calibration Steps and any other question you have.

This may be classified as a ready to fly product, but a lot of research is needed on the users part to ensure proper operation.

winwater714 said:
assitant program, how do i do that?

For the love of god man, please read the manual before trying to fly again. There are basic set-ups and calibration's that need to be done before flying for the first time.

Also try to record video of what your describing it helps the rest of us trouble shoot the problems. I'm guessing based on your description that your in GPS mode (1 green flash) and you have less than 5 satellites locked (3 red flashes) which means you could only fly in ATTI mode which I would not suggest you do until more flights are under your belt.

Please do not rush the process. I read manual at least 3 times, watched every Phantom Tutorial video I could find on YouTube before it even arrived at my door.

see the funny thing is when you open the box there is a 5 step program guide that shows you what to do never said anything about downloads or manuals... i'll do the research dont worry buddy.

Cool, hope to see your videos and accomplishments on here. Hell, once you get studied up...maybe even helping others on forum ;)

I usually connect straight to the assistant software to look at the following:

Is anything popping up on the bottom right corner? If there is, then that's an immediate attention.

On the "Channel Monitor" on the first page, is "A,E,T, and R" zeroed? Can you move your controller all the way up/down/left/right until it reaches +/- 1000 and then back to zero when you release it? If not go to Basic > RC and start calibration. You want the reds centered.

With both S1 and S2 up, is U at -783 and X2 at 783? Is X1 either at -/+ 1000 when the tilt control is on either end? If not, do a calibration at Basic > RC. [These are my values, might be different for you]

Next check out "tools" and look at the "mod" values. On the top right corner you'll see a "?" and when your mouseover it will tell you the normal values of each. Basically you'd want gyroscope between 0.0-1.5, acceleration between 0.98-1.02 and compass between 750-2550. Usually, I think the Phantom won't even lift off if any of these values are out of range, so do a basic/advanced calibration if necessary.

I have the software part figured out as far as the DJI Assistant's go. I started with 3.0, then went to 1.08 for a while and am now on 3.04. Still not ready to take the chance on 3.06. Been doin a lot of stuff with Ground Station. Don't think I could fix something that is broken. Unless it's pretty obvious, but could tell you if something is not right after all the PC stuff.

ok, ive downloaded the current software. The phantom itself had no errors, however when i go to calibrate the controller it will not connet to the assist.... anything guys?

winwater714 said:
ok, ive downloaded the current software. The phantom itself had no errors, however when i go to calibrate the controller it will not connet to the assist.... anything guys?

Have you downloaded and installed the DJI Phantom device driver?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav