New uses for the P3

Reaction score
I have been trying to think of new uses for my P3.
Obviously videos and a little fishing too. I got my neighbors cat down from a telephone pole by scaring the hell out of it by buzzing the cat and he jumped all the way to the ground.

I'm not looking to do deliveries for amazon or anything, just something to spice up my drone flying activities.

Drop water balloons on a target in your yard.once you get good at a100 ft. then go higher. Don't forget about the wind. Keep trying and maybe you will make it to the 1,000 ft. club. Only the best make it there.

Now that sounds interesting. I am assuming that you use some sort of radio control release mechanism?

Now that sounds interesting. I am assuming that you use some sort of radio control release mechanism?
Yip can buy or cable tie paper clip or bend off cut of coat hanger ,presto , bend like paper clip shape bend backward so it not come off in flight ,do a reverse oon stick and it slide off :eek:

Reactions: loonie01
We use our P3's at shows to hang flags / banners from ...

One guy took a small quad and made a foam cut-out Angry Bird to tape to the top shell .... we are waiting for him to do a larger version on his P3 !!

Nigel

Reactions: macoman
I just made that up. It sounded good to me also since I have mostly forests around me. No harm if I miss.Lol. They do have an electric release. It runs off of the front lights of the phantom as its power source. You energize it by using the tab for turning the lights on or off.

A fox hunting in the air?? Take a roll of toilet paper up in the air with a P3 and release it in 1 meter parts in a high altitude and the model planes must cut that stripes as much as possible before they touch the ground.

Some of us are flying over fields and have a look for wild animals during harvesting time,to avoid combine harvesters are shredding them.
Drive them off the field or catching them and bring them out from danger.

Reactions: espinozapablo1986
Some of us are flying over fields and have a look for wild animals during harvesting time,to avoid combine harvesters are shredding them.
Drive them off the field or catching them and bring them out from danger.
Some of us flying over fields and look for wild animals to harvest. Lol It works for me.

Must admit that I have followed Deer but you have to keep distance because they don't like the noise.

Nigel

One use of the P3 which some in our club do : When we have big do's and various from other areas etc. join us - the P3 when held in hand is a brilliant Steadycam.
You can walk the line / circle a spot and the camera does its job.

We have also launched a P3 and set it to view a particular line ... set video on and the regular models fly and then race to the line - P3 captures the finish line perfectly.

I have to say that we have a whole bunch of Phantom owners in our club and it is plain to see that the novelty has worn off and we all look for 'other jobs' it can do ... it is one of the most boring models to fly !! But then again - most of our club are fixed wing guys who fly aerobatics / 3D etc.

Just to show how daft I can get ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nigel

Hey I'm currently trying to set something up on my drone so that I can attach a tennis ball to it. My two golden retrievers love playing fetch so I figured I would give it a try. Still working out some of the kinks though still.

...don´t use too short rope for that tennis ball,so you can give rope if your dogs cached that ball. ;)

I just made that up. It sounded good to me also since I have mostly forests around me. No harm if I miss.Lol. They do have an electric release. It runs off of the front lights of the phantom as its power source. You energize it by using the tab for turning the lights on or off.
I kind of figured you were kidding, but I have seen videos of guys who all they do is drop stuff! Eggs, fruit, anything.

Hey I'm currently trying to set something up on my drone so that I can attach a tennis ball to it. My two golden retrievers love playing fetch so I figured I would give it a try. Still working out some of the kinks though still.

See ianzone reply. I have seen videos where they use his method to fish.
They attach a loop to a rod on the front of the drone and PULL the fishing line.. Then when they get out over the water, they spin the drone around so the loop drops off the rod and the fishing lure drops into the ocean.
Maybe figure out something like that with the tennis ball - minus the fishing lure of course!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31