New user, confused by props

Reaction score
Hi all,

Received my Phantom today (1.1.1) and i'm a little confused even before I take it out for a flight. My props seem to be some self-tightening ones, on each prop is a little symbol showing lock + unlocked with a direction of turn. The instruction manual I have says match the symbol on the prop showing rotation to the symbol on the phantom on each arm showing the motor rotation, but of course I now have 2 symbols on my props.

So I figured perhaps the silver tipped props go on the motors with silver tips as I noticed then that the 2 other ones have little holes in with some black in there, yes it screws on, but now the direction it shows for unlock on the prop is in the same direction it shows for motor spinning? Also I assumed the blades would be angled down towards the direction of spin, whereas on mine it's the opposite?

Can anyone shed some light please?

Kind regards

Yes they install in the unlock direction . If you install in the lock direction you just won't get any lift . They say there are black marks on the motors that take the black tip props but for the life of me I could not find the marks on the motors .
Good luck and Happy flying !

am confused by this to

Could some one help me ?

Attachments

• dji.jpg
    dji.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 483
My 1.1.1 just came in the mail today as well and I love it!

For reference, I never even bothered looking at the arms to match them up. It looks like DJI now places black nuts on two of the props and silver nuts on the other two - these match the blade tops, so I removed a colored nut and replaced it with a colored blade.

Enjoy your Phantom!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.