NEW Upgrades, Are they worth it?

If you have money to burn, yes. But I have a feeling these features are going to be included in the Phantom 3 ;)

thongbong said:
If you have money to burn, yes. But I have a feeling these features are going to be included in the Phantom 3 ;)
Yes sure after one year.The phantom 3 is going to come next year.

I wish there was a more practical review... this guy just regurgitated what dji put into their marketing materials.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a P2. I bought from rc711 just because they now include all the upgrades on their P2 for the same price.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-new-phant ... th=341_403

I should have my phantom early next week.

I have yet to see any reviews. But based on the costs, I'd say they are worth it. More worth it if you haven't already invested in a Phantom though. I for one wont be buying the upgraded stuff as I don't really need it.

Ive just got some 9450 props. Weather isnt that good, if it improves Ill take my Vision out for a spin. Im also looking at the new transmitter.

I think for the average Joe just changing to 9450's will be good enough especially considering the effort involved in changing out the ESCs and motors. Maybe something to think about when a motor dies or after a bad crash (like that ever happens).

http://youtu.be/pYpJv3QgEfc

What's new for Phantom 2 V2.0?
NEW Changed to 2312 960kv motor, increased lifting power from 600g to 800g for each motor.
NEW Speed Controller inside the drone, customized for the 2312 960kv motor.
NEW 9450 propeller, provides higher lifting power, customized for the 2312 960kv motor.
Upgraded Remote Controller, now with Tilt Angle Dial on the left corner, use it to control Gimbal's Tile Angle (before was a Tilt Lever on the controller's back)
Remote Controller now has battery level LED.
Remote Controller has a built-in battery, use a USB cable to re-charge it.

TomasBKK said:
I wish there was a more practical review... this guy just regurgitated what dji put into their marketing materials.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a P2. I bought from rc711 just because they now include all the upgrades on their P2 for the same price.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/dji-new-phant ... th=341_403

I should have my phantom early next week.

That seems like a really good deal! Have fun with it!

Cyclone said:
Ive just got some 9450 props. Weather isnt that good, if it improves Ill take my Vision out for a spin. Im also looking at the new transmitter.

+1

I already have the 9450 props on my Vision and highly recommend them, and I'm very sure I'll be picking up that new TX ASAP... :D

-slinger

gppms said:
thongbong said:
Yes sure after one year.The phantom 3 is going to come next year.
cool do you know exactly when?

I guess because i'm almost 20 years in the rc helicopter hobby i can tell you it is not going to be in the near future.I believe the next upgrade of the phantom it is going to be at least after 10 months.And of course i believe it is not going to be a phantom 3,they are going to make some upgrades like now and it would be a p2 v3.Dji is very happy with the sales of the phantom 2 so they are not thinking to replace it soon.

I pulled the trigger and went ahead and ordered the tx. I should have it by Monday. I'll probably pick up a set of props as well.

Vicrimo said:
I pulled the trigger and went ahead and ordered the tx. I should have it by Monday. I'll probably pick up a set of props as well.

+1, same here. So the props will work ok without the motor and ESC update?

dirkclod said:
jetlag said:
Vicrimo said:

+1, same here. So the props will work ok without the motor and ESC update?

Yes and they work fine :D Had mine on for over a month

Thanks, will order 4 of them today

Geert said:
TomasBKK said:

Agree, this video is more like an advertising add for Drone Camps.

Geert./.
Most of their videos seem to be lacking any real substance, IMO.

Happy to report the new tx with left dial works with the p2v :D . I got mine yesterday from dji. I currently have the rotor pixel gimbal and. Pairing was easy and of course had to calibrate the dial. Ill try and post a vid later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20