New Updated camera? Bets are on!

Reaction score
With all the negativity of the quality of the FC200 (lens/sensor etc) Ill bet that there will be a new camera launched as an upgrade to keep us whinging still photographers happy. price to be announced. $200? and send your FC200 in part ex.

Mactab said:
With all the negativity of the quality of the FC200 (lens/sensor etc) Ill bet that there will be a new camera launched as an upgrade to keep us whinging still photographers happy. price to be announced. $200? and send your FC200 in part ex.

Yeah I think that is possible . That is one of the things I have always thought would happen with this new model is to now provide camera options to go with all the improvements they put into the P2V models .

I hope and pray this happens!

I think that's wishful thinking.

It's certainly an easy upgrade to change out the camera if a better one was offered, I doubt they will.

The FC200 is plenty adequate for their target audience.

I doubt this will happen. If people want better images they should move to a larger platform that can carry a proper camera. This is why DJI sell the Zenmuse for Sony NEX, Panasonic GH3 and Canon 5D.

rilot said:
I doubt this will happen. If people want better images they should move to a larger platform that can carry a proper camera. This is why DJI sell the Zenmuse for Sony NEX, Panasonic GH3 and Canon 5D.

True good point .

It's kind of pointless to have a super awesome camera on a 1 axis gimbal.. I mean, might as well, right?

What would be interesting (to me anyway) is a modular 2\3-axis brushless gimbal system + open wifi repeater, so we can make use of small WIFI cameras like Sony RX-100-II, Panasonic GM1, GoPros, etc.

I don't expect this to happen, the camera is acceptable for home use which is the target market.

I have been expecting them to come out with a 2 axis gimbal for the Vision. That is what is needed to get better video, it would be a simple addition using the existing camera and it would add to DJI's bottom line. It kept the price lower for the initial Vision release not having the better gimbal and it would be something people would be willing to spend a few hundred more later to add it on; it makes good business sense. I would gladly spend the money for an add-on gimbal but I would not want to buy another Phantom, losing FPV, just to get the gimbal.

The forthcoming 2-axis brushless offering from Rotorpixel is looking like it could be a good bet. At a $300-$400 price point DJI could probably undercut that if they made something by the thousands, I suppose - although their existing GoPro Zenmuse is on sale in the UK for the equivalent of $380, so they'd have to come down a bit. Trouble is you might be waiting forever for a DJI product, or you could buy one of the third-party Vision gimbals only to have DJI announce their own one the week after!

rilot said:

Yes spot on !

aaoo said:
Scottrod said:
I could see DJI releasing a 2 axis brushless gimbal and also a better camera.

Zach from DJI said a multi axis gimbal is in the works for the vision camera. I posted the email here a couple of days ago but was called a troll.

That's because you are a troll.

wincrasher said:
I think that's wishful thinking.

It's certainly an easy upgrade to change out the camera if a better one was offered, I doubt they will.

The FC200 is plenty adequate for their target audience.

I think it's incomprehensible that you would produce such a sophisticated device and not install a camera that's as good as one in a cell phone and then add crappy quality control.

aaoo said:
Scottrod said:
I could see DJI releasing a 2 axis brushless gimbal and also a better camera.

Zach from DJI said a multi axis gimbal is in the works for the vision camera. I posted the email here a couple of days ago but was called a troll.

If you were not trolling, my apologies.
We were knee-deep in trollcrap and they were respawning with new nicknames at an alarming rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik