New update makes my quad weird

Reaction score
Just updated my phantom 4 today to new firmware. Both controller and aircraft were updated.

My quad seems to not be flying as smooth.

Also the GO app won't let me go above 100ft
I have checked the max alt setting and I set it 122m and still doesn't go above 100ft
I set it to 25 m (85ft) and it obeyed that restriction.

Not sure what's going on.
I am not in a no fly zone although I am in a warning zone

If log in/out doesn't work, you may have to delete and reinstall the app and log in again. I had to do the new IMU cal to sort out the wobbles on mine.

Reactions: Allspice56
Im still holding off ,not sure why but it still go good,normaly i do from day 1 but stopped at andriod 4.1.3 and 1.8.0 rc, i do like new one 4.1.9 but unsure to update in case i get issues with firmware,then not happy camper,

Updat:
I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and recalibrate IMU and it all seems to be working !... thanks bros

Reactions: tevek
So now. Every time I power up the aircraft. I get an IMU error calibrate IMU message. If I let sit for a few minutes it goes away. Seems like the message is only there while IMU is warming up.
I also did notice very wobbly performance at higher speeds. Before this update, it flew awesome even in higher speed winds.
Any ideas ?

Reactions: Tbird7
So now. Every time I power up the aircraft. I get an IMU error calibrate IMU message. If I let sit for a few minutes it goes away. Seems like the message is only there while IMU is warming up.
I also did notice very wobbly performance at higher speeds. Before this update, it flew awesome even in higher speed winds.
Any ideas ?
The IMU error is 'normal' and disappears once it's warmed up. Was hoping that the latest app update would have cured it along with the 'high wind warnings', it didn't ...
I had to adjust my stick gain settings to slow down the sensitivity of my inputs to stop it jerking around during flight. They were reset to default in the app after the FW update.

Hmmm weird. So the IMU error message/calibrate IMU during warm up is intentional and not a bug?

The wobbles happen when the aircraft is moving at a constant speed not necessarily when givin a stick input. I was using drone deploy for a mission and on its way back it was jerking pretty bad in the pitch axis. It wasn't even that windy.

Reactions: Allspice56
Hmmm weird. So the IMU error message/calibrate IMU during warm up is intentional and not a bug?

The wobbles happen when the aircraft is moving at a constant speed not necessarily when givin a stick input. I was using drone deploy for a mission and on its way back it was jerking pretty bad in the pitch axis. It wasn't even that windy.
I'd call it a bug in that that has slipped into the software programming with recent GO app updates. Doesn't appear when I use Litchi and like everyone else, I just ignore it. My P4 doesn't move around during Litchi missions but when descending in 'free style' in a slight breeze, it will wobble slightly. I counteract that with a bit of forward stick to smooth it out. I have read posts in this and other forums noting similar behaviour to yours and the results varied from bad IMU calibrations, intermittent loss of GPS, controller calibration issues, dodgy props and many who simply blamed the latest FW. I consider myself fortunate to have got through unscathed with all the FW and software updates...

I'd call it a bug in that that has slipped into the software programming with recent GO app updates. Doesn't appear when I use Litchi and like everyone else, I just ignore it. My P4 doesn't move around during Litchi missions but when descending in 'free style' in a slight breeze, it will wobble slightly. I counteract that with a bit of forward stick to smooth it out. I have read posts in this and other forums noting similar behaviour to yours and the results varied from bad IMU calibrations, intermittent loss of GPS, controller calibration issues, dodgy props and many who simply blamed the latest FW. I consider myself fortunate to have got through unscathed with all the FW and software updates...

Ugh [emoji58]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik