New TX and RX

Reaction score
Being a fixed wing RC pilot means I have lots of radios and Rx scattered about. I was wondering if anyone has tried to adapt a standard RC Tx and Rx to the Phantom. Example I have a 8 channel VG series programmable TX and the accompanying receiver. These work on channel 13 or 72mhz. I would like to get away from the 2.4 wifi freq, which I hear can be responsible for the sudden dreaded "Fly Away" Would like to converse with anyone who has made this happen or is also considering it. Happy flights

Tony
Reno, NV :mrgreen:

Hi Tony, welcome :)

Lots of owners (myself included) are using aftermarket Tx/Rx setups with the Phantom, installation is easy if you're used to RC wiring. However, I've never seen reference of anyone using a 72MHz setup, so I can't say for sure how well they'll work compared to the 2.4GHz on a Phantom.

If your Rx outputs PCM, PPM or even S-Bus then the NAZA should accept it with no issue. Connection diagrams are available online, and in the NAZA software assistant as well.

Use a Futuba 14SG FASSTest. Is 2.4 GHz RC but combine advantages of DSSS and FHSS modulation for superior interference rejection. Can add a DragonLink to RC for ultrasafe, too.

While I'm not sure of exactly what you're asking but....I use a Spektrum DX7s with the AR8000 receiver.

Uhrlto said:
Being a fixed wing RC pilot means I have lots of radios and Rx scattered about. I was wondering if anyone has tried to adapt a standard RC Tx and Rx to the Phantom. Example I have a 8 channel VG series programmable TX and the accompanying receiver. These work on channel 13 or 72mhz. I would like to get away from the 2.4 wifi freq, which I hear can be responsible for the sudden dreaded "Fly Away" Would like to converse with anyone who has made this happen or is also considering it. Happy flights

Tony
Reno, NV :mrgreen:

I'd like to switch to Futaba 7C with the 7ch R617FS receiver.
Has anybody done the same (or at least same rx) thing? A step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers