New tool for removing the stock UV filter!

Reaction score
Hello everybody, i have seen a lot of threads recently about removing the factory fitted uv filter from the Phantom 3.

There are lots of ideas on here about how to remove them, but if you still can't do it, or you want a dedicated tool for the job, I designed one when mine got stuck.

The tool is now for sale on eBay and Amazon with worldwide shipping on eBay. Also check out the video below.

Ebay: DJI Phantom 3 and 4 camera lens filter removal tool

Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IRW0G7E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FyYXxb581849C

YouTube:

Thanks for looking, from a fellow Phantom 3 Advanced owner [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool, thanks.

Since we get SO MANY new threads asking how to remove the stock UV filter, may I suggest that you edit your thread title to reflect something like "New tool for removing stock UV filter!"
I'm thinking you'd get more clicks if people can see that this thread is something different than the normal "remove UV filter" threads. Maybe they wont ignore it as much. Just a thought!

Good luck sir!

Cool, thanks.

Since we get SO MANY new threads asking how to remove the stock UV filter, may I suggest that you edit your thread title to reflect something like "New tool for removing stock UV filter!"
I'm thinking you'd get more clicks if people can see that this thread is something different than the normal "remove UV filter" threads. Maybe they wont ignore it as much. Just a thought!

Good luck sir!

Thanks for the suggestion - title updated.

Hello everybody, i have seen a lot of threads recently about removing the factory fitted uv filter from the Phantom 3.

There are lots of ideas on here about how to remove them, but if you still can't do it, or you want a dedicated tool for the job, I designed one when mine got stuck.

The tool is now for sale on eBay and Amazon with worldwide shipping on eBay. Also check out the video below.

YouTube:

I bought one and it is brilliant and it does work. I had difficulty removing my uv filter tried everything except brute force because I'm a gentle old sole, tried this and hey presto job done. 10/10. It's a must-have in your tool kit.

It's aluminum on aluminum. Gripping it will just make it tighter. Just use scotch tape. Wrap the edge with about an inch excess on both ends of the tape so you have something to hold. Takes about 1-2 pounds of force to unscrew the filter. Takes 3 seconds to remove.

It's aluminum on aluminum. Gripping it will just make it tighter. Just use scotch tape. Wrap the edge with about an inch excess on both ends of the tape so you have something to hold. Takes about 1-2 pounds of force to unscrew the filter. Takes 3 seconds to remove.

The tool is not aluminium at all it's 3D printed nylon type material and it will grip like a boa constrictor if you want it to.

Reactions: paulburrows
Thanks Ken.

@docrobot the tool works by spreading the pressure evenly around the filter so it doesn't bind.

Lots of people have had success with other methods but this is to help those where nothing works and for those who want a proper tool for the job - for some reason dji employ body builders to tighten the filters on some phantoms :)

Reactions: stamac706
I just got my stuck lens off thanks to a video where they used a two part Velcro.
Put the fuzzy smooth Velcro on the filter. About a 1/4" wide.
Cut the rough Velcro into a long 1/4" strip.
Wrap the Velcro around the filter leaving the excess to use as a handle, and twist slowly.
Off comes your filter.
Check it out on utube:
DJI PHANTOM 3 - ALTERNATE METHOD FOR CAMERA LENS FILTER REMOVAL.
It worked for me.
I'm just a happy pilot.

YouTube:

Do you have an eBay websight to go to so I can order one?
Amazon can' help me and after my third runaround with these idiots, I will NEVER buy anything from Amazon.
What is the price In American?
What is the diameter of the camera lens?
I'e gotten sizes from 30mm - 37mm.

Do you have an eBay websight to go to so I can order one?
Amazon can' help me and after my third runaround with these idiots, I will NEVER buy anything from Amazon.
What is the price In American?
What is the diameter of the camera lens?
I'e gotten sizes from 30mm - 37mm.
Try Ebay,uk and search for DJI Phantom 3 4 UV filter removal tool

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik