New to this forum, new to drones

Reaction score
I purchased a used P3S. Came with lots of accessories including ArgTek and 3 batteries. I use Litchi. I flew it and learned about it for 3 or 4 days. Max range I flew to, without signal loss, was 3200 feet. I ordered 2 more batteries. When they came in, I charged them up and put them in the case. I went out a fly a waypoint mission. It flew the mission(15 Minutes). I landed and because the battery was at 45%, put a charged battery in it. Tried to fly it to do some still photos. It flew out to about 200 feet, 160’ alt, and lost signal and RTH. It wouldn’t let me cancel RTH and Land until it was about 50’ over Home. I have tried every battery, same result. Deleted Litchi and reinstalled, same. Opened DJI Go and flew. It went to 1800 ft and RTH. Everything I can see in settings says normal or latest version. If there is already a thread about this, could someone tell me. I don’t want to irritate anyone with something that’s been addressed 100 times, just not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance.

When they came in, I charged them up and put them in the case.
You should have powered up with these batteries right off the bat before flying. Are they OEM?

No sir. Not even sure which ones they were. They are not OEM but only one of the 3 that came with it was. The other 2 were the same as the ones I purchased. I have ended up downloading the firmware from DJI onto the sd card and reinstalling it on the drone. Then cycled each battery. Flew out to 2000 feet on litchi this evening before it RTH. I also relinked the RC to the drone. Ran out of time to fly. Hopefully it’s ready tomorrow. I think the new battery and my lack of knowledge was the culprit. Live and learn I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20