new to the phantom vision 2

dog

Reaction score
Im completely new to these things , ive only used it 3 or 4 times .Its maybe something im doing wrong but as soon as it takes off it seems to have a world of its own and is very hard to control for about 5 mins then it settles down and is then a dream to fly.I do all the pre flight stuff and ensure ive always at least 8 satellites and my lights are flashing green.
ive never plugged either drone or controller into a computer for programming , it is still as it arrived new . Any help ?

You should plug it into a PC, it gives you many options for programming also you can upgrade the firmware (the software that runs on the hardware)

If its a used drone, you should load all the default settings. If your really new, stay in Phantom-Mode until your a comfortable, then switch to NAZA mode, this is all done in the phantom assistant software.

Hi there dog. There really is no reason for the phantom to be drifting around before it settles into a hover, Did you calibrate the compass? The FIRST thing you need to do is dowload the Naza assistant from DJI.com including driver if needed, plug in and download the latest firmware and do a calibration if required.
The fc40 and the vision+ i now own are proper steady straight away after lift off everytme even in wind, in gps mode.
UKFlyer

UKFlyer said:
Hi there dog. There really is no reason for the phantom to be drifting around before it settles into a hover, Did you calibrate the compass? The FIRST thing you need to do is dowload the Naza assistant from DJI.com including driver if needed, plug in and download the latest firmware and do a calibration if required.
The fc40 and the vision+ i now own are proper steady straight away after lift off everytme even in wind, in gps mode.
UKFlyer

Depending on where the Op is located the symptoms seems like Magnetic declination and is a well know issue. A firmware is in the works to fix this. Not to say that he should not do the calibration etc. but main issue is more then likely the magnetic declination.

My P2V+ goes up to 15ft and just stays there while I check all vitals. My experience is very different from yours. Something isn't right with it.

dog said:
Im completely new to these things , ive only used it 3 or 4 times .Its maybe something im doing wrong but as soon as it takes off it seems to have a world of its own and is very hard to control for about 5 mins then it settles down and is then a dream to fly.I do all the pre flight stuff and ensure ive always at least 8 satellites and my lights are flashing green.
ive never plugged either drone or controller into a computer for programming , it is still as it arrived new . Any help ?

Are you calibrating the compass correctly (e.g., away from metal interference, confirming it's done right via lights), and waiting until green (i.e., at least 6 satelites)??

Failure to do those two steps will result in what you're talking about.

if you're sure you're following the instructions, something is wrong (see other posts).

JB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20