New to the Phantom...need help

Reaction score
I purchased the FC40 online and am struggling to get it to function. Have gone through all of the steps in the manual, but this baby wont make a peep. I turn on the controller, put the battery in, and get a green flashing led, but never a constant green, so it wont operate. User error, or defective unit?

Hmmmm... since you have an FC40, which doesn't use the intelligent battery (right?), I assume you mean constant green on the Phantom itself. So it sounds like it's turning on? If you get flashing green once it's turned on, that SHOULD mean you have a GPS lock.

What happens if you push both sticks downward and inward (toward each other). Does this not set the props spinning?

P.S. you might want to post in the FC40 forum, rather than in "general discussion"... probably get more expert help, there.

I have the fc40. First turn on the controller before plugging in the battery. Make sure both toggle swithes are all the way up and wait for a steady green flashing light. Also as you wait you'll notice the light will rapidly flash two times. One will mean your phantom has set it's home position and the next for full gps lock. After you get your steady flashing green lights, pull both joysticks down and inward and that should start it up.

kitari said:
I have the fc40. First turn on the controller before plugging in the battery. Make sure both toggle swithes are all the way up and wait for a steady green flashing light. Also as you wait you'll notice the light will rapidly flash two times. One will mean your phantom has set it's home position and the next for full gps lock. After you get your steady flashing green lights, pull both joysticks down and inward and that should start it up.

Swithes? Did you bite your tongue whilst writing that? Lol...

Phantom_Menace66 said:
kitari said:

lol didn't catch that one. My phone needs bigger buttons for my banana fingers.

kitari said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
kitari said:

lol didn't catch that one. My phone needs bigger buttons for my banana fingers.

That always reminds me of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZYKVNT-VWA[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj