New to the forum & drones first P4 pictures

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and just got my P4 last month a few shots I got this weekend with it. I took the panos using Litchi and they worked out pretty well.

29073920500_ccc99600cb_b.jpg width="1024" height="767"

29253359842_e90c3a0826_b.jpg

29253362672_c75405534d_b.jpg width="1024" height="586"
29327751836_8ec77b3d4d_b.jpg" width="1024" height="185"
29282562361_44cc3ffbcc_b.jpg" width="1024" height="197"

And one shot of the P4 in action.
28739992513_b11b7dbc5c_b.jpg" width="1024" height="782"

Reactions: Exception
Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

What did you use for post processing on your pics? They look GREAT!!

The subject matter in those pics is BEAUTIFUL! Where are they from?

Reactions: langer318
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum langer. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Great photos! Adirondack's?

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

What did you use for post processing on your pics? They look GREAT!!

The subject matter in those pics is BEAUTIFUL! Where are they from?

Thanks BigAl I'm already getting addicted! I post processed in Lightroom and I had a PolarPro graduated ND filter on the camera when these were taken using manual mode to keep the ISO low.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum langer. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Great photos! Adirondack's?

Thanks LuvMyTJ glad to be there already learning quite a bit! Yes they are from the Adirondacks although I wont be able to do more directly from the mountain like this one I found out afterwards operating a drone here is not allowed as its considered a motorized vehicle in the wilderness zone. So I'll have to stick to flying from the roads and places where vehicles are allowed.

Thanks BigAl I'm already getting addicted! I post processed in Lightroom and I had a PolarPro graduated ND filter on the camera when these were taken using manual mode to keep the ISO low.

Ok now you've got my interest piqued!! I only use ND filters for video and have always tried to remove them for still images. I may have to rethink my whole process now LOL!

So is this the one you used/use for these type of pics: "Graduated Neutral Density (ND8): The most common graduated camera filter reduces 3 stops of light at the top and softly fades to a clear bottom for smooth transitions. The GND is a great tool for properly exposing the sky without underexposing the ground. Excellent for sunrises and sunsets."

Ok now you've got my interest piqued!! I only use ND filters for video and have always tried to remove them for still images. I may have to rethink my whole process now LOL!

So is this the one you used/use for these type of pics: "Graduated Neutral Density (ND8): The most common graduated camera filter reduces 3 stops of light at the top and softly fades to a clear bottom for smooth transitions. The GND is a great tool for properly exposing the sky without underexposing the ground. Excellent for sunrises and sunsets."

This was my first time using a graduated ND filter and I used the orange ND filter although I wish I didn't use it and stuck with with the regular ND filter. I think the color was too strong with the orange and I ended up removing a bunch of the saturation in Lightroom later. I typically wouldn't use a ND filter with my regular photography but I was concerned about the ability of the P4 camera to capture the full range without blowing out the highlights.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks LuvMyTJ glad to be there already learning quite a bit! Yes they are from the Adirondacks although I wont be able to do more directly from the mountain like this one I found out afterwards operating a drone here is not allowed as its considered a motorized vehicle in the wilderness zone. So I'll have to stick to flying from the roads and places where vehicles are allowed.

So where in the Adirondacks? And where up there is considered a wilderness area? I'm going to be spending time up that way in the fall and I really want to fly my P4.

So where in the Adirondacks? And where up there is considered a wilderness area? I'm going to be spending time up that way in the fall and I really want to fly my P4.

I was on a hiking trail where nothing with a motor is allowed per the regulations. I was cited two different things depending on the location but it seems to boil down to if you are in a place that allows motorized vehicles you'll be ok to fly from there. There is no mention that I can find that you can't fly over anything that I can find it only seems to apply to where you can operate from.

190.13(f) 3(iv)

View Document - New York Codes, Rules and Regulations

or

196.8 B

View Document - New York Codes, Rules and Regulations

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member