New to site. ..

Reaction score
Hello, in the market for a drone. I bought the gopro 4 silver. And my research had lead me to believe. That the new gopro is not user friendly with the Phantom 2. Can anyone confirm these issues?

Welcome to the forum. I think the 4silver is good. Just with a go pro, you have to get a FPV system or you can't see what the camera is seeing. If you don't want to see what your camera is seeing, I think you can get away without it.
Good luck with your selection.

boeing777 said:
Hello, in the market for a drone. I bought the gopro 4 silver. And my research had lead me to believe. That the new gopro is not user friendly with the Phantom 2. Can anyone confirm these issues?
I have a Hero4 Black on my Phantom 2.
Be careful, there seems to be five or six configurations of Phantom 2.
There's the Phantom 2 V1, V2, and V3?. There's also the Phantom 2 Vision and the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Neither of the Vision models are compatible with the Hero.
Did I miss any?

It's tough to find a local store who can educate me and who has all the facts on this issue before I spend that kind of money.

SteveMann said:
There's the Phantom 2 V1, V2, and V3?. There's also the Phantom 2 Vision and the Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Neither of the Vision models are compatible with the Hero.
Did I miss any?
Steve, I believe the latest version of P2 non-vision is 2.x. The 3.x is a vision model.

Hughie said:
SteveMann said:
Did I miss any?
Steve, I believe the latest version of P2 non-vision is 2.x. The 3.x is a vision model.

I believe Steve is correct. I'm pretty sure there is a Phantom 2 v3 now with updated ESCs and motors, right?

HailStorm said:
Hughie said:
SteveMann said:
Did I miss any?

I believe Steve is correct. I'm pretty sure there is a Phantom 2 v3 now with updated ESCs and motors, right?

It is possible a P2 Non Vision V3 has come out in the last month, but a month ago I bought a P2 which is definitely V2.0 (says so on the box) has the new ESCs, motors, new transmitter etc.

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phanto ... 1379-p.asp
"New Version 2.0 of the Phantom 2 with Upgraded Motors and Escs"

There is a Vision V3 (which indicates that it has the new ESCs, motors, new transmitter etc),
http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phanto ... 1389-p.asp

but the conversation was not about the vision, it was about the P2 non vision.

It appears you're right Hughie, the V2.0 of the non vision must be the newest Phantom 2.

And Boeing777, the GoPro 4 Sliver is compatible with the Phantom 2 as long as you do not engage the GoPro's Wifi.

SteveMann said:
boeing777 said:
Did I miss any?

Steve, to my understanding, there isn't really a third (V3) phantom, released yet. Isn't the V3 a V2 with an update?

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I have a GoPro 3, black. But, I know a lot of members here using the Hero 4. I haven't heard of a compatibility problem.
But, the Hero 4 is supposed to be smaller. So, either you would need some sort of adapter or a different gimbal.

Hopefully the Hero 4 members can shed more light on that issue. I want to know also as I hope to buy the 4 version when finances allow, after first buying a FPV set-up first!

PhantomFanatic said:
SteveMann said:
boeing777 said:
Did I miss any?

Steve, to my understanding, there isn't really a third (V3) phantom, released yet. Isn't the V3 a V2 with an update?

Please see posts earlier in the thread which explain this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj