New to Quads

Reaction score
I just ordered my Phantom 2 Vision Friday. I have done a lot of research on this UAV and find that it fits my needs for the forseeable future. Other than reading the manual is there any "must do" advice prior to flying my new Toy? Thanks for your advice in advance and hope to be a positive addition to this board. :geek:

There are no manuals. At least my Phantom didn't come with one. You have to watch all the videos on the DJI website. Watch them over and over. Then you'll remember which one to refer to when it is time.

The manual, quick start guide, pilot training guide, video tutorials, device drivers, assistant software and a complementary beverage all available on the Phantom 2 Vision page of the DJI website - look under the tab "support and downloads".

Oh, and I was lying about one of the above.

Thanks for the info guys. I've been looking and looking and looking. maybe I looked enough. Again thanks.

It can be easy to become saturated. Key points are: update the latest firmware if required, charge everything fully before attempting a flight, choose an open area away from possible sources of interference (both radio and metallic) for your maiden, let the aircraft settle until you get the green light (literally) and then calibrate the compass before your first take-off, learn the basics of controlling the aircraft before worrying too much about trying to get cool video/stills - the former will help with the latter anyway.

Other than that I suspect you've read almost everything that there is, so don't forget to enjoy it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj