New to quadcopters and everything around it, some question

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm very interested in buying a DJI Phantom 2, together with the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. Are there things I need to know before I buy the Phantom? (Like a special gimbal version, a battery..)

Something else, I'd like to use my Phantom with FPV (?), or however you'd call it. I saw this video from helipal.com, they have a wonderful setup.

This should be something I'd love to order, but I'm not sure if things will work out.

af77a7b5eb08cbe2c6e391de4ec398a6.png

Also, the shipping cost cared me a bit, since I live in the Netherlands:
d0331ccc62443713e4706ad4441b5a06.png

Are there any cheaper options for Europe?
Will ordering a DJI Phantom 2 & Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal work?
What do I need for 'ok' FPV on my Phantom 2? Where can I order it?

Thanks for helping me out!
-Alexander

Re: New to quadcopters and everything around it, some questi

There should be someone in Europe that sells things with a cheaper shipping rate. Buy the phantom 2 with zenmuse combo ($879 USD) and http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk has some good FPV options. I don't know enough about your side of the ocean to know where you should buy but I do know the best deal is the phantom 2 with Zenmuse combo.

Ksc said:
There should be someone in Europe that sells things with a cheaper shipping rate. Buy the phantom 2 with zenmuse combo ($879 USD) and http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk has some good FPV options. I don't know enough about your side of the ocean to know where you should buy but I do know the best deal is the phantom 2 with Zenmuse combo.

Thanks! What would FPV system you recommend me to buy on that website? I've got no idea what I should order for a Phantom 2..

In addition to your planned purchase - read, watch all the information from DJI about set up,calibrating, battery maintenance etc.... So many people are so excited about flying that they miss/overlook things as simple as correct start up procedures. You'll have a better overall experience (& more inexpensive) when you know the product thoroughly.

I bought this fpv setup. Its pretty nice, all in one. Having the battery and transmitter in the monitor is nice and clean. You wont have things Velcrod or taped to the back of your monitor like some other setups iv seen. You will need to get the clover leaf antennas though.

EMCSQUAR said:
In addition to your planned purchase - read, watch all the information from DJI about set up,calibrating, battery maintenance etc.... So many people are so excited about flying that they miss/overlook things as simple as correct start up procedures. You'll have a better overall experience (& more inexpensive) when you know the product thoroughly.

I will! Thanks for the advice.

jigsaw57 said:
I bought this fpv setup. Its pretty nice, all in one. Having the battery and transmitter in the monitor is nice and clean. You wont have things Velcrod or taped to the back of your monitor like some other setups iv seen. You will need to get the clover leaf antennas though.

Ok, thanks! Are the clover leaf antennas included in the package?

No they have the stick antennas. You can purchase clover leaf ones on ebay for real cheap though. You just have to know which connector you need. And you wont know that till you get it.

jigsaw57 said:
No they have the stick antennas. You can purchase clover leaf ones on ebay for real cheap though. You just have to know which connector you need. And you wont know that till you get it.

Ah ok. Whats the difference between the stick antennas and the clover leaf ones?

You will get much better range with the clover leaf attenna.

The stick version has a very limited range because when flying, the two sticks would not always line up to get the best reception.

madirect said:
You will get much better range with the clover leaf attenna.

The stick version has a very limited range because when flying, the two sticks would not always line up to get the best reception.

Ok, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20