New to Phantom...

Reaction score
I currently have a Parrot Bebop drone and just purchased a Phantom 4. Does anyone know what the range is on the phantom 4 out the box? And where can I learn more on upgrades for further distance. Thank you

You can find the Phantom 4 specs here.

I currently have a Parrot Bebop drone and just purchased a Phantom 4. Does anyone know what the range is on the phantom 4 out the box? And where can I learn more on upgrades for further distance. Thank you
Your new P4 will fly way, way, way past what you are used to for the Parrot.
Generally the battery is what limits the distance rather than the range of the Lightbridge (in a good environment).
Don't worry about trying to increase that until you've flown the P4.

Thanks guys. So I see the range is actually 3.1 miles. Is that correct? If it is that's much more than I will ever need

Considering the P4 uses the same Lightbridge-based system as the P3 Pro & Advanced, with clear line-of-sight I would expect you to get 5K (3.1 miles) & beyond over RF-clean areas like over water or rural country. Obviously it gets less over RF-congested areas like cities and dense suburban environments. Compared to your Bee-Bop range prepared to be amazed! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik