New to P3S

Reaction score
I'm pretty much brand spanking new to Quads/Drones. Got a Syma x5sc back in the fall but got tired of NEVER being able to fly it outside because of wind. Upgraded to the P3S and was blown away the first time I got it off the ground!

Right now I still get knots in my stomach when I get 100m out and 30m high. I can't get over the mindset that my home wifi works just "ok" upstairs and I lose it when I get more than just a few feet from the house. I'm having trouble putting $500 worth of trust in a wifi signal to get too far away yet. I suppose it will come in time.

Where I live is heavily wooded as well so that makes me nervous also.

I can't wait to get more 'at ease' and start really benefiting from the possibilities!

The more you fly the more you will feel the trust. I was nervous my first flight and after 5 flights I have learned I have to trust the machine. I took it out until I lost rc signal today.

Congrats on your quad! I'm new to flying anything more than toy grade quads and know exactly how you're feeling right now. I'm learning to trust the machine though like Stoft63 said. The first time I lost signal I thought I was going to hurl! Sure enough that sucker came back to the home point though.

I will say that I wouldn't recommend getting TOO comfortable with the machines intelligence though. I made a mistake this weekend which almost cost me my P3S and could have gotten ugly. It was sheer luck that I managed to land it with just the props damaged. Moral of the story is that the machine is great but when something goes wrong, it comes down to the pilot. My reaction time and choice was horrible!

I am back to flying toy copters between phantom flights and really trying to hone my skills. I'd also recommend getting to fly in Atti mode in case you lose gps etc.

Take your time and have fun! It's not a race after all! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4