New to me Phantom 2v never updated. Need help.

Reaction score
Hi New here. I just got a p2v without doing reserch first, Its never been updated. Ive been reading horror stories s about software. The vision app says it will cause conection problemsDoes anybody know were i should start from at this point. I have a iphone with 11.2 on it.
It has the 700 range extender as well. Hope i didnt buy a brick. Thanks in advance

David.

First thing you need to do is install the software and drivers for the Phantom model that you have. If you have widows 8 or above, you will need to “Disable driver signature enforcement”

The drivers are still on the web site. Go to phantom 2 vision + and scroll to the bottom.

First off you need to enable installation of unsigned drivers.

Hold down the SHIFT key while you click Restart.

Once your computer has rebooted you will be able to choose the Troubleshoot option.

Then head into Advanced options.

Then Startup Settings.

“Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, You will need to press the F7 key.

Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.

You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".

Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.

Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.

Then Browse to this directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64

And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK

Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.

Your Device Should now look like this in device manager and the DJI software should be able to connect.

After you have your software and drivers installed you need to click on the upgrade tap in the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8. It will show any updates needed. Do the update, then power cycle. This just means turn power off on the phantom then on again. You will need both the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 and DJI RC System Assistant_1.2. (this is for the controller) and the drivers that work with them. If you have any doubts, go to YouTube and watch some video’s. It's a good idea to turn on a small fan pointed at the phantom while you do the updates. This will keep the Wi-Fi module cool. Good luck!

Reactions: N017RW
Try recycling the bird. Leave the remote on and the range extender on. Turn your phantom on, if it doesn’t connect recycle. It may take several tries. Good luck.

Try recycling the bird. Leave the remote on and the range extender on. Turn your phantom on, if it doesn’t connect recycle. It may take several tries. Good luck.
I seen that and did try but no luck. Im going to take the wifi card out and open it up and see if theres any burnt spots or? Ive fixed motherboards by flowing them back in but dont know till i look. If all else fails theres a guy on ebay fixing them for 80 bucks, Needless to say am not giving up on the old girl lol. I have another remote that has FPVLR long range 5.8 2.4 with battery to power it. So thats cool to. Its the v331 so last one. He thanks again for the helpful hint.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic