New to Litchi, lost flight data

Reaction score
Flew with Litchi first time today. In the beginning, it said to sync with the DJI servers. I thought I did (it said there would be an error message if I did not and no message popped up letting me believe I was sync'ed). After flying three batteries, went to look at my flight data in DJI GO and nothing from today was logged. Need input on what I did wrong so I can maintain my flight data just as I have been with DJI GO.

Also, do I still get flight telemetry such as ESC command, motor RPM, etc with Litchi as in DJI GO?

Scott

You cannot view Litchi flights with the GO app.
Litchi flight logs are stored in the device's internal storage in the "LitchiApp/flightlogs" folder. Plug your device into a PC to view the logs.

You won't see your GO flights in litchi either. Both apps use a different method of log generation. Just a tip, if you loose your AC DJI doesn't give much credit to litchi logs in determining cause of loss and you can kiss any chance of warranty protection goodbye. Doesn't stop me using litchi or autopilot hiwever I stick to GO of over water or other areas recovery of a crashed AC would be problematic.

One option that may suit you is to upload your litchi and go logs to healthybdrones. You will have a full flight history in one place then.

OK, many questions here:
1. "Plug your device into a PC to view the logs." I have, and my PC doesn't show anything in my Nexus 7 device.
2. "DJI doesn't give much credit to litchi logs in determining cause of loss and you can kiss any chance of warranty protection goodbye".
Do I still get the telemetry that DJI GO has?
If I switch to DJI Ultimate Flight, does it have the same functionalities as Litchi (preprogrammed flight paths, Follow, etc)?
3. I plan on using my drone for business. If I have a problem and the FAA wants flight history, etc, I need an app that can give it to me. Don't care right now whether Litchi, DJI GO/UF, or clay tablets, I need it all in one spot, so swapping between Litchi and DJI UF doesn't seem feasible. Inputs?
4. I have set up an account in HealthyDrones.com, connected my device, and on the PC at My Logs/Flights. I see information on the default screen, but I don't know from what day. How can I determine this?

Appreciate your help. Just wish there were documentation somewhere so I don't have to bother you guys.

I don't know what the syncing with DJI servers is about. Never heard of that and I fly Litchi all the time. Litchi does not save the video/photos to DJI or to your device. They are on the SD card. The telemetry data is on the logs on the drone and on your device. Follow the instructions above.

I don't connect or sync my flights with anybody's server intentionally. I don't need anybody else laughing at my screwups!

I haven't flown with Android devices for a while, I do recall however that the litchi logs were relatively easy to find browsing the device file directory structure from a PC.

The reason I give the caution re warranty is that if your in a position where the AC isn't recovered and flight logs are the only evidence of the flight DJI seems to discount the litchi logs as a reliable source. They have been known to honour warranty based on the GO app logs however. The GO app log file is an encrypted log, it may contain additional information although what you see when uploaded to healthy drones seems identical. It might simply be that the litchi log may be subject to editing and manipulation by the user. DJI can also view your flight if you upload to the DJI servers which can simplify warranty issues.

Once you upload to Healthy Drones the flights will be displayed by time and date. You can enter your healthy drones token in litchi to upload flight records automatically.

OK, I think I'm good to go for now. Thanks for your inputs. I'm sure that as time goes on there will be more questions.

Again, just wish there were an Owners Manual for Litchi (heavy sigh).

On a Mac, Litchi's data is can be found in iTunes under file sharing. Windows? It's a mystery to me.

SB

I don't know what the syncing with DJI servers is about. Never heard of that and I fly Litchi all the time. Litchi does not save the video/photos to DJI or to your device. They are on the SD card. The telemetry data is on the logs on the drone and on your device. Follow the instructions above.

I don't connect or sync my flights with anybody's server intentionally. I don't need anybody else laughing at my screwups!
My understanding is that any 3rd party app using the DJI SDK has to connect to DJI servers on first use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic