New to FPV... Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wanting to buy a DJI Phantom 2 (non vision) pretty soon and mount the FPV on it.... One problem, I don't know what I'm doing yet. Lol :p

1. How is FPV set up with the Gopro Hero 3? Or do I need to buy a seperate kit like this?

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=726

2. How do I power the monitor I choose to view the signal on?

3. How long does the FPV charge last (for the monitor)?

4. If FPV is viewable via the gopro hero 3 then can you still use the H3 to take video while it's being used for FPV?

I'm looking for a really good deal and a more minimalist setup for the FPV (if possible) I'd like to spend as little money as possible,
video quality isn't that important to me for the FPV, but range definately is. As long as I can get like 500m-900m. So if anyone can suggest some cheap but effective solutions that'd be great.

Sorry for all the Q's, I've researched a lot but I haven't really found answers to these questions... Thanks.

The easiest thing to do here is to read up. Many of the answers you are seeking are here in the forums already along with a lot more useful detail. But, having just gone through the learning curve myself, I get that it may be confusing to start with. Some answers:

The good news is setting up FPV on a P2 with ZenMuse gimbal and GoPro is pretty straight forward. The P2 comes prewired for both the gimbal and FPV. You can use the GoPro to record and see the FPV at the same time. So in addition to the P2, ZenMuse gimbal and GoPro, you need a transmitter, a receiver, and a screen. You'll need to do some basic wiring to get everything working together. That information is in the documentation and here in the forums. Make sure the transmitter and receiver use the same frequencies as there are different options. As for powering your monitor and receiver, there are a number of options and each has their own battery life. Seek and ye shall find.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 315

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers