New to FPV!! and Phantoms!

Reaction score
Hi,

So I've got myself a Phantom and love it :)

I want to get into FPV, but not sure of the best way to do it, as in glasses, monitor or is there a way of hooking up my GoPro 3+ black to my laptop etc.

Your help and advice will be greatly received

Alex

alexsmith983 said:
Hi,

So I've got myself a Phantom and love it :)

I want to get into FPV, but not sure of the best way to do it, as in glasses, monitor or is there a way of hooking up my GoPro 3+ black to my laptop etc.

Your help and advice will be greatly received

Alex

I recommend you watch the videos from IBCrazy.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355327

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

there's a thread a few down in this forum called "recommend me a fpv system" which has quite a large discussion about FPV's, cost, etc. it's a good read. For the purpose of this thread I'm going to assume you have a non-vision phantom 2, a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro.
You can't use the gopro's wifi because your P2 Remote operates on the same frequencies, so if you fly your Phantom with the gopro's wifi turned on, you're asking for a flyaway / lose your Phantom. Hopefully you've seen that in the documentation and other stuff you've read so far :) So you'll have to install a separate 5.8Ghz FPV system.

basically if you aren't in a hurry (ordering from asian sites like banggood) you can put together a perfectly good, multi-km range fpv system for under $300 (I put together mine for about 240 shipped).
If you want to get an idea of what the install process is like, here's a really good videowhere he installed an iOSD mini, FPV transmitter, and I think the Zenmuse gimbal but I never watch that far I stopped after the FPV stuff heh

If you want to buy a fpv system domestic with all-zenmuse parts basically plug-and-play with no soldering that'll run you a bit more, usually in the low $400 range

alexsmith983 said:
Oh and does it make any difference that I have a Phantom 1 not a 2?

thanks

concepts? no. Phantom, gimbal, gopro, video transmitter, receiver.

nuts and bolts? yes. make sure any instructions / documentation / hardware you look at are for Phantom 1. I've seen install / wiring guides for putting hardware on a P1 and I'm pretty sure they are different from P2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4