New to drones

Reaction score
Hi me and my daughter are looking to get our 1st drone looking at a P2 vision been offered one with spare battery ready to fly

Is this a good one to start with I know it's a lot older then the ones out now etc

What sort of tame would I expect and easy to fly or update etc

Thanks in advance

Darren

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the site!

The P2V is two generations back and it'll be three when the P5 comes out. I recommend the P3A which has features that bring it much closer to the newest generation P4.

Hope this helps.l

Darrenoxo, welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The Phantom 3 Standard is another good choice for your first Phantom. I wouldn't recommend buying anything older for the following reasons:
  • There are more people flying the Phantom 3 series, so it's easier to get help here when needed.
  • It's harder to find spare parts for the Phantom 2 series (in case you need to fix something).
  • The Phantom 3 series uses the DJI GO app. It's light years ahead of the app used by the Phantom 2.
  • The Phantom 3 has a better camera -- and, it does not take fisheye photos.
  • The Phantom 3 is built better and comes packed with more features.
If you can afford it, the Phantom 3 Advanced is the best quadcopter in the Phantom 3 series for most people. You can compare the entire Phantom 3 series here.

Yes that's a great help I've been looking at them as well was was think that more over the P2 but wanted to double check

I sooner pay the extra money then have to buy again in a few months time

Thanks for your help I look into that and go for the better one :)

P2 vision is actually built better than p3 although it does lack a few features. The p3 series is notorious for frame or shell cracking under stress. Especially close to where the motors mount. Also the litchi app covers a couple features that aren't built in. For my money I'd rather start with the cheapest in case of loss. But up to you. In any case once you fall in love with a phantom you're gonna want the p4 anyway.lol

The p3 series is notorious for frame or shell cracking under stress.
A lot of people worry about this, but it's not a problem experienced by most Phantom owners.

Hi there, I got a Phantom 2 Vision plus in March last year and have found it to be very good. It is easy to fly, and the only other thing I would say is read or look at reviews and also the crashes and other daft stuff to see what can happen, but having said that I still bought one. The guys and gals on this forum are very helpful and remember what it felt like when they first got a drone.
Best regards and safe flying. Ian.

To rubbish the phantom vision drone is ridiculous, there are still spare parts, not that they are needed often as it is so solidly built that it never needs spares, fisheye can be corrected post edit and as most people lack the equipment to edit videos that are in 2K then a 1080 camera is more than sufficient, on the subject of spares P2 batteries are now around the £30 in comparison to the £100 plus for a P3 battery.. Also the Litchi app is free for the P2 Vision on the playstore. As for buying again in a few months time, I bought mine 18 months ago and never had an issue with it. Lastly they can be picked up for £200, not a bad amount to lose if you do crash it against the £400-500 for the phantom 3 standard.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.