New to drones, new to this forum.

HTX

Reaction score
So like the title says I'm new to drones, I ordered the Phantom 4 about 2 weeks ago and got it a couple of days ago. So far I love it and having fun flying it around the neighborhood. I'm using an iPad Mini 4 Wifi model only and I read somewhere else that some features might not work as they need gps. I'm just a noob here so my question is, what are the features that I won't be able to use with the iPad mini 4 wifi model?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PaulJohn
You cannot use the Follow Me feature or manually reset the home point to your remote controller's current location after takeoff. Other than that, everything else will work.

Reactions: PaulJohn
Gotcha! Thanks for the info

It will work if you tether your iPad Mini to your phone.
That will not allow you to use the above features. You could tether to download maps though.

You can buy an external gps that will allow you to do the missing features as well, can't believe msinger didn't tell you that. He's a wealth of info, seriously, if you have a question or want good deals on equipment, go to him first[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Am I missing something? Lol. Have never had an issue with my iPad Mini 4 while tethered to my iPhone
I've heard that tethering does not allow some of the features to work, does yours still allow follow me and other features while tethered?

Am I missing something? Lol. Have never had an issue with my iPad Mini 4 while tethered to my iPhone
Are you confirming you can use the Follow Me feature and reset the home point to your remote controller's current location?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20