New to drones... looking for first purchase and commercial flying input

Hi all. I am about to make my first drone purchase. I am looking to get as much info as possible regarding making my purchase of a Phantom 3 Pro, as well as tips, tricks, as well as understanding current regulations regarding commercial photography. This forum looks like a great resource! I'd be using it for primarily real estate photos and video, as well as plenty of fun with personal use.
I've been into photography for years and I've only spent about 30 minutes flying a friends drone. My end goal is to get into potentially a side gig commercial flying. Not immediately of course, but that's the goal. I've decided on the Phantom 3 Professional because I really like the idea of being adventurous with the extended range and the Pro has the upgraded camera.

I am still doing alot of research, but have some basic questions:

Is the Phantom 3 Pro sufficient for commercial use?
Depends on the intended use of the media and how fussy the client is. Very good photos and videos are possible with good light and a little effort in post.

Other than cost, is there any other considerations of buying a Pro for a first time drone?

None that stand out to me. It is now better value than ever with the discounting. You have range, high quality video downlink, ready to go out of the box. Well supported by third party app developers also. The camera is as good or better than anything near the pricepoint.
Are there other models or configurations I should consider?

P3A if you dont need 4K, P3S if you dont need range, P4 if you like being a betta tester for new tech and think obstacle avoidance woud be important. I will add Inspire 1 pro with X5 camera here also. Bigger sensor with growing range of compatable lenses (including zoom). Olympus and ziess glass pulls the pants down on the security camera grade optics in the phantoms and the larger sensor (8 times) performs significantly better in low light. You also have the unfortunate scenario where some clients judge the value and quality of your work by the equipment.
What items are needed beyond whats included in kit?
Battery(s), ND filters (aperture is fixed so this is your only means of reducing shutter speed in video), case/backpack, inspire device holder (standard is flimsy with a tablet mounted),
-items that are nice to have?

Does the Phantom come with any video editing software?
If no, whats a good PC-based video editing software?
You can apparently edit video with the standard app used for piloting however i understand that it is limited to 720p and the samples i have seen uploaded look very ordinary. Im not familliar with PC editing software.
For those using drones for commerical use, do you have any advice?
This is pure hobby for me.
Sorry that didnt go as planned.... I typed responses in the quoted text.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1